Chapter. 7

Chapter seven: Date?!?!!

Rain Moretti

My stomach rumbled reminding I didn't eat since yesterday. I found my way to the kitchen after getting lost and a girl in a maid's uniform stood there making breakfast I assume.

"Good morning Mrs Moretti." She bowed her head when she saw me.

"Morning?"

She looked some what frightened by my presence.

"What's your name?"I asked her, trying to make small talk.

"Claire."

"Oh, how long have you been working here?" I asked her as she placed a steamy plate of waffles in front of me.

"Three years, now if that's all Mrs Moretti may I be excused?" Her sudden change of attitude startled me.

"It's Rain, please call me Rain." I said with a small smile.

"I don't think the Don would appreciate that." She snapped before leaving the kitchen.

~~~

I was bored out of my mind. The maids here barely talked with me and as far as I knew no one else was home except for the guards of course.

To rid of my boredom I took it upon myself to tour the house, maybe I would find something interesting to do.

So far I've come across rooms followed by rooms, a indoor pool area, theatre room, another dining room and living room. Oh then I saw a gym, where I made a mental note to start getting my body in shape again. Old habits die hard.

I was about to turn back when I spotted a open door in the hallway. The door wasn't fully opened, just creaked open so I couldn't see much. Curiosity took over me and I found myself walking towards the open room.

Pushing the large oak door open, I met a engaging sight. Books! Countless numbers of them.

The world of fantasy and fiction was my safe heaven. My escape from reality. The smell of old books engulfed me.

It didn't take long for me to find the right book and I settled on one of the couches.

I don't know how many hours I had spent in the library but through the glass window I could see it was already dark.

"Now to find my way back." I mumbled. You can't blame me, this house is huge. I jumped or rather got startled when I heard a voice.

"So this is where you've been, I'm not surprised." Angelo spoke.

My eyes widened when I saw him and it was quite for awhile before I spoke. "I didn't know you were back."

"And I didn't know you could speak without stuttering." He said sarcastically.

I could feel my cheeks turning red and stared at the floor to hide my embrassment.

"Get dressed we are going out."

Before I could get the chance to ask him where? He was already out of sight.

I went to our bedroom and quickly took a shower, since I didn't want to keep him waiting. Once I was done, I walked to the walk in closet making sure to lock the door behind me. Thank gawd the closet was connected to the bathroom.

We wouldn't want a repeat of this morning, would we now?

After going through the many choices of clothes I settled on a maroon off-shoulder, long-sleeved dress that fell just below my knees.

I wore a black pair of ankle strap heels to complete my look and a touch of red lip gloss.

My hair was naturally curly and I mean from the roots curly so I just left it like that. I didn't even bother looking at the mirror, it kind of made me feel insecure.

The sound of my heels echoed through the wooden floor as I desended the stairs. Angelo was already there talking to someone, when his eyes met mine's.

He's eye's scanned my body and a satisfied smirk appeared on his face. I think he said something to the guy and he grinned at Angelo before taking his leave.

"Took you long enough." I heard Angelo mutter thinking I didn't hear him while we walked to the car.

Daily or weekly updates?

Vote and comment 🌻