Chapter. 12

Chapter twelve: fighting

Rain Moretti

Being me is hard, trust me when I say so. Marco, Pablo and Roman were fighting over the last chocolate chip cookie.

To end their sqabling Dontello grabbed it and shoved it in his mouth. To think these are mafia man in the highest ranks.

I didn't have to ask to know that Marco was the second in command and Pablo the third. Dontello had told me himself that he only helped when needed and he handled all the legal stuff.

Angelo looked bored out of his mind watching them, and by the way he was glaring at them.

"Enough!" Angelo said loud enough to make every stand still.

Then Roman spoke "Did you not see how he just shoved it into his mouth. Dontello how could you even." He pointed out.

"I could make more cookies for you if you want?" I suggested.

All four pair of eyes turned to look at me. "Yes, make them now." Marco said almost bouncing like a sugar child.

"No! She's not making anything." Angelo spoke.

"Why?" Now Pablo was the one asking. "We want cookies."

"Course we going to sleep." He said taking my hand. "Make them yourselves, Rain is mine's and not your fucking personal cook."

Angelo dragged me up to our bedroom. "So... I went shopping today." I tried starting a conversation.

I don't get why am I the one that's always trying though.

"I know. And you will get your punishment." Angelo said as he took of his tie and walked to the bathroom.

"What punishment now? Angelo?" I walked after him until I heard the showing running.

Did I do something wrong? No I didn't. I didn't speak to anyone but Aria. I changed into my sleeping clothes and got ready for bed.

Angelo came out wearing only sweat pants and no shirt on. I could see everything Tatoo he had, from his stomach, chest to his back and then down to his arms.

Those abs, Sheesh. Why does he have to look like a snack?

His hair was messy, few of his bangs fell over his forehead. His eyes suddenly looked too interesting and his lips looked like a invitation for sin.

I was staring at him in a a unholy way, but it wasn't wrong because he was mine as much as I was his right?

"Now tell me Tesoro, what did I say about chit chatting with the staff?" He asked in a low voice as he brought me to his lap.

The way he carried and moved me as if I weighed nothing.

Shouldn't I feel scared? But I don't what so ever I felt hot. Like really hot. Even the butterflies in my tummy had started to feel like a zoo.

"Well, aren't you going to answer my question bambina?" I swear I saw a hint of amusement in those dark eyes of his.

"I-ii-" I couldn't speak..... What even. What was happening?

"This isn't about the staff Angelo." I quickly moved myself from him. "I told you wanted friends now you not gonna take the only one I've made so far."

He chuckled.

"It's not funny, you are too controlling. Seriously Angelo if you do anything to Aria, I'll leave." I said seriously.

His face dropped, his eyes become black and I could see anger radiating in them. Rain why why would say that?

I laughed awkwardly.

The room was deadly silent, the moonlight was the only source of light. I don't remember turning the lights off though.

"Leave me you say. Go on.... No is stopping you. Leave Rain." His voice was cold and terrifying. It wasn't for his tone I would have thought he was joking.

"Are you serious right now?" I still couldn't believe it. I waited for him to say no but it never came.

"When am I not. What are you waiting for? I said leave, you wanted to leave right?"

When I said nothing, he went to to the closet and came out wearing a shirt. He took one glance at me before leaving.

He left, he left me standing there with tears streaming down my face. I couldn't breathe, I had to get out of here.

I walked to the closet and took a few my clothes and toiletries. The house was dead quite and only a few guards were lingering around. I had called a cab and it was already waiting for me.

Non of the guards tried to stop me, they watched as I got inside the cab. I told the cab driver to take me straight to St. Louis old age Home.

Gawd what have I done.

Mother and father would kill me if they ever found out or maybe disown me as if they hadn't done that yet.

Twenty minutes later I was outside the old age Home, I paid the cab driver then made my way to Mrs Addams house.

Since Mrs Addams was the caretaker of the place so she lived in the main house.

It was raining heavy and I was a walking mess. I was wet from head to toe. I knocked on the wooden cottage door until it opened revealing a tired Mrs Addams.

"Oh dear child come in come in." She said dragging me in.

The place was just as I remembered it. The blue coloured sitting room, green kitchen with flowered tea cups.

"Mrs Addams I-i was wondering if I could stay here for awhile." I said.

"No problem child, you can stay as long as you want. Let's get you all dried up." She spoke as she heated warm water for tea I assume.

Mrs Addams and i chatted for a while then drank tea. I had told her everything leaving the part of me being married. I said that I had fought with my boyfriend.

Which is not a lie though. Mrs Addams was kind enough to let me sleep in her son's bedroom since he didn't live here anymore.

That night I thought about how much of an ass Angelo Moretti was. I hated him, and I felt stupid to think that he cared.

Vote and comment 🌻