Chapter 41

Chapter forty one: Weather feelings

Rain Moretti

Have you ever wondered why certain things have to happen to you, especially at the moment where you've found peace and stability with everything.

It's like the devil plays with your life like a puppet on strings and waits for the right moment to strike. Honest to god knock me out, because I'm must have surely done something horrible in my past life, to be going through such pain.

I slept in guest room on the second floor, and there was just too many reasons to list, one of them being the fact that I was trying to avoid Angelo.

So much for having a decent conversation yesterday, he had to ruin my whole mood with that stupid joke, which he most probably thought was funny.

I was confused, my feelings fir Angelo were all over the place and something kept repeating itself in my head as I thought about it. I needed to leave and get some space. Away from this house and everything in it.

It was time I became my own person, and started depending on myself, if not then the feeling of always being vulnerable and gullible was going to consume me as a whole.

Like any other morning I woke up and did what needed to be done, which in my case is taking a bath and completing my morning routine.

As I was my preparing my bath, my thoughts kept drifting back to Heather and I tried recalling every last bit of  our last moments together, even though they weren't the nicest.

I thought about what she could have mentioned about the Black's, that I might have missed. The need to know about them was starting to grow, as when the time to eventually meet them, I wouldn't be clueless as I was when I met the Moretti family about what kind of people they are.

I stepped into the bathtub, which was filled with my favorite caramel scented bubbles. The water was hot and instantly relaxed my body, that now hosted another human bean inside.

I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that, my life was not what it had seemed from the beginning and the fact that I was carrying a little human bean in me.

The thought made me giggle. I started thinking about it. Would it be a boy or girl? If so, how would they look? Would they look like me, or take more of Angelo's looks? Will they have boring brown eyes like mines or exciting stormy grey eyes with a hint of blue?

~~~

I was startled awake by someone shouting for me to open the door, as they loudly banged on it. My vision and thoughts were foggy, and as I moved, I realized that I was still in the bath. The water had gone cold and someone was still banging on the door, which rised my irritation.

"I swear to god Rain, if you don't open this door, this instant I will break it down." exclaimed Angelo, with a hint of anger on the other side of the door.

I wonder what got his panties in a twist.

I stood up and I plugged the water, the door handle started rattling ad if someone was trying to open it. I took a towel and wrapped it around me, while watching the water get drained.

"Rain, just please open the door."

I came face to face, with a worried Angelo, his usually stormy grey eyes were now a pale grey and for a spilt second I almost felt bad for stressing him out.

"I feel asleep in bath, sorry for worrying you." Not sorry at all, I told him as I moved towards the closet. My hair was loose and the tips were wet, they let tiny droplets on the floor as I moved around.

"Do you need something?" I asked, from closet as I decided on what to wear.

"I got worried when Laurel, said you have locked yourself in the bathroom and didn't reply when she called for you."

These days it was starting to get chilly and today's weather looked like it was going to rain, so I choose to wear a baby blue turtle neck and grey leggings with a grey cardigan and topped it off with my emoji sleepers.

"Is that all?" I asked, stepping out the closet.

"Yes, let's go downstairs breakfast is ready." He said, looking directly at me and holding eye contact. I decided to reject his breakfast invite, as I was not ready to talk to him, let alone be around other people yet.

"I don't think I'm hungry yet, thanks for offering."

" It wasn't a offer, I was telling you and I don't think you can skip this time, since you skipped dinner last night." Angelo said moving towards the door, clearly ending the conversation.

" So in other words you are ordering me? " I asked with a tone if disbelief.

" Take it in whatever way you wish to, I don't think you need reminding that you are not eating alone, but also fir the sake of the person you are carrying. I expect you to be downstairs in ten minutes. " With that said he walked out.

Long gone my worried Angelo, his serious, cold murderer side had came back, and I don't think I would get used to it.

I stood there speechless for about two minutes and soon followed behind him. The house staff seemed to be busy and as I walked down, Laurel our new staff member, in her late teens, came towards me with a towel in hand.

She offered to dry my hair, saying I would get sick if I didn't, but I rejected her offer since I didn't take a particular liking towards her. She informed Angelo about everything little thing, as if she was his little pet.

The thought alone made my blood boil. I took my wey hair and tired it into a messy bun. As I reached the dining table, I could see everyone seated already, which meant they were going to be home the whole day and no one was going out, which was strange.

Angelo sat on the head of the table, with Donatello at his left and Roman next to him, I took the seat opposite Donatello which was Angelo's right and my assigned seat. Lila who seemed like a oil stain on a white tee-shirt sat opposite Roman, with Marco in between us.

If it weren't for Roman's occasional chatter, I could have sworn we were mourning someone's death, that's just how awkward it was. The staff had started serving the food and the smell of eggs and the bacon repulsed me.

If possible I could even smell the oil it was made with. Nausea was something I was used to in my early childhood, but at the moment it felt like I was experiencing it for the first time.

I could feel the bile rising but, when I couldn't ignore it any I stood up and speed walked towards the nearest bathroom. I could feel everyone's eyes on me especially his.

Lucky I reached the bathroom and slammed the door behind me, while I went on my knees and hauled everything that was in my stomach out.

Morning sickness was a bitch that had came to slap me in the face. The urge to throw up was there, but the thing is there was nothing to throw up anymore since, I ate nothing.

There was a knock on the door and two seconds later another knock. I didn't have the energy to answer and I could feel the tears coming.

"Rain? Are you okay?"

I couldn't hold in any more and raw sobs broke out of me as I remembered ten year old Rain sitting in the same position while her mother stood by the door  made sure she threw everything thing back up.

Vote and comment 🌻

I'm backkkkk😅