Chapter 50

Chapter fifty : Sus

Rain Moretti

For a person who hasn't cooked in what seemed like a long time, I still had amazing cooking skills if I said so myself, and I was also highly risking the chance of angering Angelo, if he found me in the kitchen.

I decided to check my cake in the oven, before I could ice my cupcakes. The spaghetti carbonara, was almost done cooking and ready to br served. And I wasn't cooking for all of our esteemed guests but because I simply wanted to.

Clair and Laurel entered the kitchen rushing, while putting on their aprons. Upon seeing my questioning look, Laurel quickly explained, "We thought we should come help you finish up, while the Don is still in his office."

"That would be great. Thank you Laurel. I just need my cake taken out of the oven and no don't putting icing on it, just the cupcakes. You are to only serve the cupcakes, not the cake." I told her rinsing my hands, in the sink.

Clair rolled her eyes at my request, and I decided right there and then that she needs to go. Clearly she doesn't appreciate the job that she's been given, she can go find it somewhere else.

I took my apron off and went upstairs to, our bedroom. As requested Laurel had moved all my things back, and it was like I never left. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower.

When I was done, I wore a long, turtle neck dress that was light green and braided my hair into dutch braids.

Dinner would be served in about ten minutes, I decided to go to library to pass time, since I wasn't here the whole day. I walked in the library to find Alessandro reading  my favorite book Rheostat.

A book I feel in love with, when I first came here. It had all sorts of markings, including the sticky notes I had made, and the fact that Alessandro must have seen them, made me a little self conscious.

"Are you going to continue standing there, or are you going to come in?" Alessandro said looking up from the book.

"I just came to tell you, dinner will be served soon."

"Do you really think, you can handle my grandson?" He asked, turning his gaze and practically drilling it into me.

" Not really no, but so far, it seems I've done a great job. Don't you think?" I resorted, leaning against the doorframe. " I'm pretty sure you always wondering why your grandsons don't listen to you or follow your rules."

He chuckled lightly, placing the book down and standing up. " And you know?"

" I don't. That's why I'm going to assume, that if I were you, I'd also be a grumpy old man. I mean you are aging, lonely and a few years closer to death. I'm pretty sure that thought alone just leaves you, sad, scared and extra miserable. Trust me, I know the process."

And that is how, Alessandro warmed up to me ladies and gentlemen. He went on to say that no one has ever dared to put him in his place expect his late wife.

Our conversation drifted from him telling me about his wife Celine, yo how they met, and so on. Hearing about Angelo's grandfather's love story was nice and I wouldn't mind hearing it over and over.

As we were talking, he decided to tell me about how he feels about his grandchildren. "You know my grandchildren have never been the type to express their feelings, without their parents being around it was understandable but a part of me feels like I have also played a role in neglecting them, especially after Alessia."