Chapter 30

Chapter thirty: After math

Rain Moretti

Life's a joke, that's all I can say. This is the only way to put it and I'm not even sugar coating it.

Killing someone was never on my bucket list, not that I had one to begin with. Though in my teenage I have attempted suicide, keyword being attempted and that was also a fail because guess what? I didn't want to die.

My failed attempt lead me to seeking different ways of dealing with my pain and I start slitting my wrists. How cliché right?

No matter how hard I tried to understand what was wrong I never found the answer, I guess it was just adolescence.

Now I'm murderer. Lols, it's not even funny. But I guess my humour is just broken right?

I couldn't bear to look at what I've done, but at the moment I had to get up and get cleaned up.

And when Angelo eventually let go of me, wanting to take me to our bedroom I saw KitKat's dead self.

The bullet I shot had went through his neck instead of head and I realised what a shitty shooter I was.

"You're bloody." I said to Angelo as a matter of fact because he was.

And being so close I could tell he was holding back a smile. I stepped a bit from him and I studied him. Bruises here and there and bloody mostly everywhere, but I knew the blood didn't belong to him. Some of the blood was KitKat and it was also on my hands.

"Are you okay?" He asked, while holding protectively around him again.

"Yups, I'm fine." I tried sounding like I really was infact fine.

"Let's get you cleaned up." He answered, like he could finally breath.

"You more than me." I said with a slight scoff.

With one last look at the room, I see could my paintings and KitKat's dead self at the centre. Lucky enough non of my paintings were ruined and sadly. I felt nauseated.

...

Majority of the house was ruined expect for the floor where our bedroom was located. Angelo went to take a shower in the guestroom, while I showered. I didn't want to be alone but I couldn't tell him that.

And here I was padding my way over to the bathroom. I undressed before walking into the shower and turning it to low temperature before stepping in.

I was all cleaned up, when I started crying. I couldn't even stop them as they flowed and fell with the water. I couldn't breathe properly as I hit the cold hard tiles, sliding down and bringing my knees to my chest and pressing my hands to block any kind of hearing.

My breathing was laboured, I needed to breath.

Sobs broke out of my chest in heavy pain, I killed someone, I took their life away from them.

I don't know how long I sat in that position as I stared blankly at nothing, all while feeling numb but the heavy weight of the world on my shoulders.

The water was shut off and I was wrapped in a towel. I was snapped out of my trance, when I saw his worried stormy eyed gaze.

"I'm tired." I'm mumbled, snuggling deeper into his warm embrace.

...

I really didn't feel like waking up, but I was hungry and really needed the bathroom.

Someone was playing with my hair, making it ten times harder to open my eyes, I felt at peace but we all know that doesn't last long for me.

I tiredly opened my eyes, and I could make out that it was already the next morning.

Angelo was looking at different CCTV cameras on his laptop, different paperwork's were sprawled across his side of the bed and he kept playing with my hair with focusing on the footage.

He looked pissed, and that just made him hotter, his gaze shifted and he was looking at me. We were too close and I bet you close feel my breathing and heartbeat.

"What?" I asked, feeling shy all of a sudden.

"Hungry?" He responds with a question of his own.

"I guess, depends on what's being served." I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

I got up and went to the bathroom, not before shutting the door I heard Angelo say. "If you're not out in ten, I'm coming to get you."

I quickly did my business and got out. One of the maids had brought up food and it was placed by the nightstand.

"Um..... What happened to KitKat's body?" I found myself asking.

A look of anger crossed Angelos handsome face before turning calm. "We sent where it came from." He said, terror lacying his words.

"And where's that?" I inquired, trying to push the conversation further. If I wasn't gonna talk about what happened, Angelo wasn't going to bother.

"The Irish."

I just hummed in response and only ate a small portion of my food. My appetite had disappeared into thin air.

Vote and comment 🌻

Rain is me, I am Rain.... And I mean that literally. Just an emotional af human bean 🤺

Around of applause for making it to 85k🧘🏾‍♀️
Sorry for the boring ass chp, it gets better