Chapter 53

Chapter fifty two : Addams

Rain Moretti ☔

Winter had definitely announced its presence, the days were shorter and they went by at the speed of lightning and it had certainly become more colder. The heat around the house was always kept on, and my wardrobe was filled with winter wear only, credit goes to my lovely husband.

I spent my early mornings doing yoga and during the day I'd try finish up Angelo's painting, and try spend time with Alessandro. The afternoons were filled with Nova's chatter about Christmas shopping and the her asking for my opinion on things for the year end ball.

Nova was a wonderful person to be around. She required a lot of energy, one thing I lacked when it came to afternoons and my nights were filled with cuddles, late night talks and sometimes complaining with Angelo.

Christmas was in two days and thankfully my shopping had been completed last week already. Everyone's gifts had been brought and wrapped. The only thing that needed final touches was Angelo's painting, that was in front of me.

It was finally done and as I stared at it, I was filled with a great sense of pride. This was my finest work of art and, yet I hoped Angelo would love it.

"Rain dear,are you in there?" Nova's voice sounded from the other side of the door as she lighhty knocked.

"I'll be out in a minute."I said, taking my apron off. And carefully concealing the painting till it was dry and ready to be wrapped.

Thanks to Nova's enthusiastic Christmas sprit, the whole house was decorated and she even went as far as decorating the white tree placed in the lounge with the help of Pearl, Emilio, Julian, Roman and Marco.

I went to Nova in the lounge along with Pearl, they were both looking at some gossip magazine, reminding me of Natalia and Amelia. I missed them so much.

Nova looked up and she invited me to sit next to her. "We doing some last minute shopping, do you need anything?"

"I don't think so, but thank you Nova. I think I'll head out."I told them.

"So you not on house arrest after all Donna." Mused Pearl.

"Please call me Rain and no, I'm not actually.

"Mhhmmm." She hummed walking away.

Eventually Nova and Pearl, left and I decided to pay Mrs Addams a visit, plus I also had something to give her, so why not do it myself.

I got dressed in a navy blue turtle neck, and my denim skirt that was ankle length, with my white sneakers and to complete my look, I added a biege coat on top, as it was a whole another level of cold in the evenings.

I left my hair loose, and added mascara onto my lashes, with a bit of lip loss and grabbed my purse as I left. I would inform Angelo about my where abouts, when I got there.

I thanked my usual driver as we finally reached Mrs Addams home. A smile graced my lips, as I walked towards the door, and before I even got a chance to knock, a petite figure rushed out, instantly coursing us to collide and make me drop the gifts I was holding.

"Oh shucks, I'm such a clutz,  I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." I reassured her, as we picked up whatever was on the floor.