Chapter. 10

Chapter ten: Missing him

Rain Moretti

"What's got you all so pouty and down cognata?"(sister in law) Dontello asked. It's been awhile since I last saw him.

"Nothing I'm just tired." I shrugged.

Dontello, Roman and I were eating dinner, atleast they were while I played mine's. Soon after the guy from earlier which I'm guessing is  Marco joined us.

It was awkward, I just wanted to cry for some reason. The guys were talking in Italian so I couldn't join their conversation. When everyone was done with dinner, everyone just sat there saying nothing.

"Want to watch a movie with us cognata?" Roman asked with hopeful eyes and breaking the silence.

"Since when do mafia men watch movies?" I spat unintentionally.

Dontello and Marco snickered, while Roman looked offended.

"I-i didn't mean to be rude." I quickly apologized. Okay now I was really close to crying.

I stood up and rushed to my bedroom without another word. When I got there, well you could guess what happened. I cried my eyes out.

If mother and father were here they'd be so disappointed. All these negative thoughts started to cloud my mind.

That night I couldn't sleep, I twisted I turned but nothing. I started watching money heist to pass time and eventually fell asleep around six am I think.

~~~

Everything in my body ached and to think I did nothing absolutely nothing. The clock read 12 pm and I jolted up even with my aching body. How could a whole me sleep in?

Last was horrible sleeping without Angelo. I might have grown accustomed to sleeping with him. (Not like that you dirty minded readers:)

I did my usual routine and this time I wore something more comfortable, like sweatpants and Angelo's oversized t-shirt. My hair was in a messy ponytail.

"I'd say good morning, but it's morning now is it?" Marco spoke as soon as he saw me.

"It's okay, how are you? Marco is it?"

"I'm fine, what about you look under the weather." He wasn't wrong.

"I'm okay." I reassured him.

He just hummed in response and continued sipping his coffee.

"Marco do you think it's possible for me to visit the old age Home?" I really missed the old people and gawd knows if I stay indoors for longer I'll be depressed.

"I don't know. Try asking you hubby."  He said nonchalantly.

"H-h-u-bby?" I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"Yes, you do have his number right? If you need anything I'm going out don't call me." He said pinching my now red cheeks.

The boys had all left and I was left alone again. I walked to the kitchen to prepare something to eat when I bumped into Clair.

"Do you need something?" She had asked me bitterly.

"Yes, I'd like some food please."

"You have been blessed with two hands so make it yourself."

"Excuse you but last time I checked I was the lady of the house." She was irritating me and my hunger was not making things any better.

She laughed bitterly before giving me a disgusted look and leaving. What's her problem?

I made my own food and the rest of the day went by with me watching vampire diaries and having high and low mood swings.

Then I remembered I have a phone now, I can make calls and surf the internet and do loads more. But then the only number I have is 'his', meh I'll take my chances and call him.

I dialled his number and anxiously waited as it rang.

"A cosa devo il piacere amore mio?" (To what do I owe the pleasure my love)

Why does he have to sound sexy and seducing on the phone. Stop it Rain, where are all these thoughts coming from?

"Um... Hi?" I said a bit too quickly. I could hear him chuckling from the other side of the phone.

"Get to the point Rain, what do you want?"

"Nothing, I just mis-, I'm just bored that's all." I can't believe I almost said I miss him.

I quickly hanged up before I could embarass myself further. What's wrong with you Rain?

Suddenly Aria popped out of nowhere.

"Hey, what's up." She said as she got comfortable besides me.

"Nothing much, you?" Aria seemed like the type that talked to much and was a invitation for trouble.

"You know, chores and more chores. I don't really have time for myself anymore." She said sighing.

"Oh, that's sad. I could give you sometime off if you want."

"Really? You mean the Don won't mind?" She frowned.

"I don't think so, I'm the Donna after all right." Oh no, Rain what's wrong with you?

Aria did a little sqeal before pulling me into a tight awkward hug. If I had known Angelo would mind I wouldn't have said yes to Aria's informal leave request.

Vote and comment 🌻