Chapter 56

Chapter fifty six :

Evander Black

I can't believe Leander is actually making us do this. He literally could have picked any day, but no.

I ran my hand through my hair as I walked into the room where all my brothers were gathered except for Izekiel who was late, as per usual.

"You look nice Amira." I muse, watching her shuffle in discomfort.

At the exact same time, Izekiel responds, "For the first time in her life."

"Nice of you to finally grace  us with your presence brother. May we leave now?" Kaiser snapped, already making his way to the door.

"Where are you guys going looking all dapper?" Mom asked, peaking her head inside Astro's miniature library, just as we were about to leave.

"To a friend's party. He invited us over for new year's eve." Kaiser spoke, lying straight through his teeth.

I could have forced myself to feel bad, knowing that we were lying to our mother, but I couldn't.

"Can I also come then?" Amaya requested popping out of nowhere, immediately making Colton Hael hiss a "no" to her request.

"But Amira is also going." She huffed, shooting a glare towards her sister.

"So?" Izekiel trailed off, making me almost feel bad for her, since none of us were particularly happy with Amaya's or her sister's presence. They were just here for business purposes and I don't think that my brothers lack of feeling or emotions helped the situation.

"Let's just go Amaya and let them be. We can find a movie to watch." My mother suggested knowing what would happen if Amaya stayed here. "Have fun and don't get into trouble please." She said directing her last statement towards Kaiser and Leander.

"It's not like I'd accidentally set the Moretti estate on fire." Murmured Kaiser almost under his breath, but we all heard him, except our mother of course.

The Moretti mansion was crowded with what seemed like a million guards and if it wasn't for Colton Hael, I'm sure we would have been spotted by now. Once we got out of our respective vehicles, we made our way towards the entrance that had two guards and a waitress that seemed to be checking the guest list.

Amira stepped forward with Astro by her side and gave them her name, Monero instead of Black. It was a smart move on her part, but she was still left in the dark as to what we came here for. In Leander's defense, she was merely a pawn, and didn't need to know all the details.

As soon as we entered, I took note of everything, from the paintings on the walls to, to different corridors. We blended perfectly with the crowd in the ballroom, and took note, when the people went quiet for awhile. I followed their gazes and almost suffocated from the lack of oxygen, when I saw her.

She was glued to Angelo Alessi Moretti's side, as they greeted a couple of people. She looked like all of my brothers combined. While Astro, Izekiel and I had our father's blue eyes, Colton Hael, Kaiser and River had our mother's light chocolate brown eyes and Leander being the odd one out had a mixture of both.

"Is that not Natalia Petrov?" Zeke asked, making me look at whoever he was asking about.

"Yes it is.... so?"