15. Street Footie & Cheater-Cheater Pumpkin Eater

"Is this all right, Soph?" Ivy had asked me for her outfit for the umpteenth time. I rolled my eyes at her again, like I had done before. "For the love of God, Iv, you're going to study there."

She sighed, sitting next to me, grumbling, "No, Soph, you're not getting it. We're having a class with seniors, which implies he'll be there as well." I grabbed my materials for my classes.

"You look great in any outfit. So, choose your pick. " She sulked for a while before settling on an oversized blue hoodie.

We were scheduled to go to a seminar where the Deans would brief us about the approaching event, which meant we'd have a combined session with the seniors. The lecture was held at 5 p.m., after our lessons, so that our studies were not disrupted by Uni Day.

"Ivy, hurry up; we're going to be late."

###

"When is he going to show up? Only five minutes are left. " Ivy was impatiently waiting for Senior Chase in the seminar hall. The seminar hall was nearly filled with representatives from the clubs and a few members of the student council.

"Probably he's on his way."

"Ah, they've arrived." I looked up from my lap to see Senior Poker Face, Senior Kyla, Senior Chase, and a few other seniors entering. Senior Chase glanced up, as if sensing my gaze, and his amber orbs met mine. He smiled as he moved closer to us.

"Soph, they're coming here." We sat in the middle of the hall, with a few vacant seats in front of us. They sat in the front seats. An anxious sensation settled in the pit of my belly once more. Senior Aylwin sat directly in front of me, his silky locks perfectly combed in. He was dressed in a tight black shirt that clung to his muscular frame, allowing me to get a proper view of his sculpted figure. I felt a rapid rise in my ambient temperature.

I should've brought a can of Coke with me.

As the deans entered the class, I hastily averted my sight. There were five of them, each well-dressed and holding a journal and paperwork.

"Let's get this class started, shall we?" They began to provide us with precise details about the forthcoming grand event after that.

***

"We appreciate everyone's cooperation. Session dismissed. " We were ultimately set free after a one-and-a-half-hour continuous session.

Senior Chase's voice halted me as I got my stuff and was about to depart. "Yes?"

"We're having a street football match tomorrow. You girls wanna come? You may also call your buddies. The more, the merrier!"

I scowled. "Street football match? Aren't you a soccer player?"

"Yeah, sure!" Ivy smiled and nodded enthusiastically. The girl would be giddy with ecstasy.

He smirked evilly, saying, "Yes, it's a little edgy, in a bad boy style. Soccer inside Uni, and football outside Uni. By the way, bro will also play."

"I'd love to come." I cocked my head and smirked.

"Very well then! Mysie will inform you of the location and time."

###

"How much longer, Mysie?"

"Ah, we're here!" We all came to a halt in front of a massive football stadium that I had no idea existed. Teenagers and adults were playing football in the area. I expected it to be where we'd come to a halt, but I was sorely mistaken. Mysie guided us in the direction of the stadium's opposite side. It was some sort of dark alleyway. Mr. Ogling Owl from that night flashed across my mind whenever I walked across such alleys. Regardless, we arrived at a football stadium that was neither too large nor too small. It gave off the feeling of a street football match. It was thrilling, terrifying, and exhilarating at the same time. I had no clue who would win, but one thing was certain: I was going to have a great time watching this game.