50. The Wings Of Time & New Truffles

The onset of winter fell on us rather quickly. And who didn't love bonfires and BBQs in such weather?

Soon I found myself entangled in warm blankets, a bonfire, and a feast on marshmallows. The ambience of Senior Aylwin's garden was serene. Just me, him, Senior Chase, Ivy, and Ian.

Ian wanted to spend most of his time with me. Thus, he tagged along.

I wrapped the fluffy material around myself, placing my head on Senior Aylwin's shoulder. He slowly sipped on his warm coffee. Our fingers intertwined together as his thumb ever so tenderly stroked my flesh. The flutters felt fantastically tantalizing.

Ian had gone to fetch someone. The guy had been behaving weird lately. Apparently, he wanted us to meet with "someone" special. His words, not mine. Anyway, Senior Chase and Ivy were busy in their own conversation.

I wonder, what's going on between them? With this thought, I made a mental note to inquire about their "relationship status vehicle."

"Soph!" Came Ian's all-too-excited voice, causing us to turn his way. He walked towards us, standing a few feet away with a goofy grin grazing his lips.

"Special someone here?" I retorted as all four pairs of eyes were glued on him.

"Yup, and most importantly, it might be a shock for ya. Just giving you a head's up." His words didn't make sense until the person of interest made their presence known. And trust me, as soon as that happened, I wasn't just stunned but confused, bewildered, gobsmacked, and everything in between.

"Senior Kyla?" Ivy muttered, perhaps we were both in the same dilemma. Looking at Senior Kyla all those months; she seemed uptight and rather confined to herself. Being the president of the student council, she was strict and focused mainly on the matter on the platter.

However, right at the moment, seeing her slightly flushed and shy was a scene out of a different era.

"Despite you already know her, meet my girlfriend, Kyla." He lazily placed his arm around her shoulder, making her smile nervously at us.

"Wow! When did this happen?" I exclaimed, wiggling my brows at the duo.

Since the time Ian had come back, I was always stuck by his side. He wouldn't just leave me. He reasoned out his weird behavior as compensation for all those years he hurt me.

The affection and care made me feel so good. But sometimes it was as if he would smother me with his overpowering love.

Due to this, I had very little time to spend with Senior Aylwin. Most of the time I spent with Ian other than Uni. And in the rest time that I got, somehow miscellaneous work always found me. It had been a week since we had even had a proper conversation. And in all honesty, it sucked!

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

Basically, this guy was all the time with me; how in the freaking hell did he end up having a girlfriend? And that, too, Senior Kyla.

"I met her in the downtown. Then exchanged a couple glances at your Uni. I asked her out, and things escalated." He explained, shrugging.

"That was quite smooth." I smiled, then suddenly hissed at my lack of manners. "Ah, please join us. Here, Ivy, pass those blankets."

Soon we all settled in and the conversation drifted from one topic to another until it landed on the one I'd still to talk about to Aylwin.

"Ice track against the Canadians?" Ian started.

"Yeah, how do you know so much about races?" Senior Chase piped in.

"I've been associated with CODE 1 for longer than I can remember."