41. The Strike Of Karma & Shattered To Pieces

"Ready?" Senior Aylwin approached me as soon as I walked into the room. I hesitated for a while before grudgingly nodding.

I walked over to him, gently, encircling his torso with my arms. I sighed in his safe sanctuary. His enticing cologne was perfect to my liking. I tightened my grasp on him as his arms cocooned me ever so tenderly. Affection, adoration, love, and compassion, all gushing forth in the benevolent moment.

"I'm nervous. I'm afraid... If something goes wrong..." I couldn't go on as he compelled me to face him. My face was angled in such a way that my chin was proportioned to his chest.

He leaned up close and, with utmost delicacy, kissed my lips. It was neither a peck nor a long kiss. It was short. Too short for my liking and burning cravings. Nevertheless, too long to allay my anxieties. Assure me that if I messed up, then he'd be there to make it all right. We gazed at each other solemnly, sluggishly, and sensuously.

"It's going to be alright. Trust me. " Captivating candor crystallized in his glint-like orbs. And of course, I trusted him with all of me. With that, we drove away to our destination.

###

"Welcome back!" Ivy and the gang greeted me at my dorm. Senior Aylwin and I walked together inside. A beaming smile spread over my face as I inhaled the familiar fragrance of the dormitories and absorbed the lush greenery lined across the area. The reddish-yellow foliage was just a mere messenger of Mr. Fall himself. The flawless, intricate curved leaves paved our paths, detaching from their heaven and returning to the soil, even granting their heaven a place to reign. The atmosphere was all that fall brought with it. The fond memories of innumerable past years were heaped up in the back of my mind. The zephyr breeze swept past us, making me shudder with cold.

Romantic. Too romantic weather.

Red, yellow, fading green,
Vehemently fused to the skin.
For even who leave the home
Will come back one day.
Just like the shady greens.

"Geez, you're back finally. Being alone is so boring. " Ivy hugged me tightly, twirling me around as we all laughed in unison.

"It feels good to be back."

Definitely.

###

A week after such a long break. Damn!

It had been quite an adventurous week, honestly. Exhaustion was a regular visitor, but our one and only Senior Poker Face made sure to kick in its butts. And seriously, he did. My semester drew near and I had a ton of preparation to do. Everyone graciously welcomed me, offering their warm wishes and pleasantries. All inviting and accepting. It felt really good. It did, in fact. After all, that was something I was looking forward to. No awkwardness. No drama. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a simple welcome back. 

"You're glowing." Ivy nudged me playfully as we sat across from my friends. Since everyone had been preoccupied with their semesters, we didn't get time to catch up. That's why we planned to meet in the café.

I swatted her away, rolling my eyes. "Pregnancy glow, y'know." 

"WHAT THE FUCK! YOU'RE PREGNANT!?" Sheesh, girl! You couldn't possibly be any louder. The entire table was transfixed on me. 

Just great! Definitely what I needed today. 

Just then, I heard Senior Aylwin choking and coughing, while Senior Chase passed him a glass of water. All the while, I glared harder at Ivy. If only eyes could kill, she'd already be strolling the hallways of heaven.