28. His Taste, Bubbly Confessions & Midnight Ice-creams

Life is everything that you haven't planned for. Everything you've never considered before. Everything that makes you jump out of your skin and thrills you to the moon and back. And it was then that I realized how twisted up my life was! Thinking back and forth, it just kept striking me about the changes I'd gone through, the events that had transpired, the tears that had spilled, and the emotions that had surfaced. The first was getting in contact with the Devil, which was one of the finest things that had happened thus far. Then there were the texts from an unknown number. 'Little One'. Uni's ridiculous gossip, Senior Aria and last but not least, Senior Poker Face.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I turned to face him as he leaned against the tree, his eyes closed and a solemn expression adorned his face. He was the most unplanned thing to happen to me in my entire life.

"Sometimes a few unplanned things happen to you in the most planned ways." The words tumbled out of my mouth delicately, with a tinge of confession in them. His eyelids fluttered open and clashed with mine. Something incredibly vivid flashed through those orbs of oceanic hues yet again, something he was all too adept at obscuring, something that made me the epitome of curiosity.

Maybe not today, but someday... Maybe someday!

You know that feeling when you desperately want to express your feelings and even the words are on the tip of your tongue, but you simply can't? You simply can't articulate them, regardless of the fact that nothing is prohibiting you from doing so. Not because you can't articulate them, but because you don't want to bother wasting your time expressing them as you're too occupied to relish those vibrant, glorious times. Until and unless it quenches your thirst, soak it all up and give your soul satisfaction. At that moment, I felt the same all over again.

I gulped hard and turned away from his scrutinizing gaze. "It's getting pretty late now. Perhaps I ought to go. " As I stood up smoothing my outfit, I heard shuffling next to me. We'd been sitting there for quite some time, and the time had flown by. We were both heading towards my dorm when my eye was drawn to a familiar face. His warm brown eyes dilated a little as they met mine, a stunned expression on his face. His brows furrowed; his nose scrunched up as he glanced from me to Senior Aylwin.

"Austin?" I greeted him with a friendly wave. Senior Aylwin trailed after me as I moved towards him, and he waved back.

"Hey!" He greeted me, or rather forced one. Something was wrong with him. He was behaving erratically.

"What have you been up to lately? Are you alright? "

"And here I thought you forgot about my existence," he said dryly, a slight shift in his demeanor. Was it a joke? It didn't feel like that at all. Austin didn't seem to be the same Austin who blushed every now and then from the way he said those words. Regardless, I cracked a smile.

"No need to tease me, c'mon. Besides, how could I ever forget about such a good friend, huh? " His lips were drawn together in a thin line as his smile faded.

"Good friend?..." He took a breath and shook his head. "Never mind, I've got to go." With that, he walked away, turning on his heels. What happened to him? We were good friends, weren't we?

"Fresher?" Shit, I'd completely forgotten about him! With a hum, I faced him. I felt myself in his grasp before I could register what was going on around me; he sealed my lips with his own. My hands firmly clutched his fabric as a flood of ecstasy washed over me. Our lips moved in sync, the vividness of the rawness evoking a longing for something familiar. We split off and leaned against each other. As his manly cologne invaded my senses, I nuzzled my face against his chest. The tingles clung to my lips, refusing to let go. Despite the deadliness he carried with him, he was a morphine that I craved, and that I fell for.