58. Busted Fist & Snooping Secrets

------------------------------THIRD PERSON'S POV-------------------------------

"Go to sleep." Aylwin said, tucking her into the comforters. His amāsius watched his moves as he left the room. For the nth time that day, she sighed.

It had been two days since the fight. Since they left Alaska. Since they were back at the university. Nothing had been the same. In fact, truth be told, things had dwindled to an extreme level. At this point, Sophronia didn't know where Ian was or the condition of his state. A part of her was worried sick about him, whereas the other part wanted nothing more than to forget him.

Her thoughts drifted to the scene that had somehow carved itself into her mind. Their last day in Alaska. In the country of snowflakes.

"Stop being a stubborn bitch and talk to me." Her feet froze listening to those words. He did not just say what she thinks he did!? Before she could register what was happening, Aylwin turned on his heels, muttering ever so dangerously, "Alright then, you asked for this."

His actions were fast. Feet and body moving simultaneously. And at breakneck speed, his very fist collided with Ian's jaw. The sound of the impact bouncing in the hallway as the echo rang to the farthest spot.

"Chase." He gestured to Chase, and soon enough she was held back in a safer spot from the duo.

Ian rubbed the sore spot. The crack of the skin on his lips left trails of crimson. Something about his condition gave her a thrill of satisfaction. Suited him right for his horrendous deeds.

"Fucking bastard!" She watched as he threw his sling to the floor and aimed a punch at Aylwin, who swiftly dodged it and, in return, paid him with a solid punch in the gut. The former tried defending himself, only to end up with busted lips and a black eye.

She knew he was controlling back. The way his fist curled and uncurled. The raging beast of his was taming itself. The shaking body never ceased. Out of all the forms of Aylwin Eldred, the aggressive side intrigued her more. The anger in his eyes. The sparking flames of fury screamed fatal consequences. He immaculately handled his fury. Maintaining his poker face. Not even once did he allow his emotions to meddle.

He grabbed the culprit with his collar, speaking in a nefarious voice. The tone promised anything but goodwill. The tone brewed with malice and disgust. The tone promised pure, unadulterated destruction. "I'll say it for the last time. Stay away from her. You're at my mercy, Mr. Santos. Next time, I won't be soft on you. At all." With that, he left the glaring Ian with a jerk, causing him to stumble. He wrapped his arms around her, and together they left the place.

She exhaled, feeling the exhaustion kick in. The mental distress was taking its toll on her. Alas, she did nothing but close her eyes, thinking about the previous incidents. She still couldn't digest the fact that it was Ian's family that destroyed her childhood. They were the vicious monsters who ruined her. Her childhood. Her family. Her life.

Not just her, but many more who suffered. Before her. After her. And perhaps must be suffering till date. Now that she thought of it, she couldn't help but shudder at the thought if Ian was involved in such heinous acts. She didn't know how she would react if he was...

The searing headache was returning. She hissed, snuggling into the pillow. The action did nothing to lessen the pain. Groaning, she clenched her eyes shut. She needed to sleep. Escape everything. The more she thought, the more she ended up coiled in her own doom. This was getting nowhere. She couldn't live like this. She refused to live like this. It took her years to get her shits together, and just because of a few shitty people, she couldn't ruin the castle, which took her years of hard work, patience, and struggle to built.