56. A Glass Of Bubbly & Territorial Sinner

--------------------------------------AYLWIN'S POV-------------------------------

"What do you think, Aylwin?" Mr. Ellis said, offering me the contract agreement. His managers and chief of staff watched our exchange as I shared a knowing look with Chase.

"We need time." I coolly replied, confining myself to my poker face. Trust me, it worked wonders every time.

My response didn't sit well with them. Their expressions switched to distaste. Too bad, that was my final say.

"What's there to think?" Had it been the Aylwin from a year ago, I wouldn't even have had a second thought before signing the thing off. However, this time it was all different. I was a different person. I was no longer living my life on my own. My decisions were no longer just my wishes. Because even the stupid beating organ of mine knew the brunette had established stealth control over my rational thoughts.

"I need to discuss it with my girlfriend. That's it. I haven't planned for all this. It came as a surprise to me. Quite thoughtful of you to consider it and even offer me the golden opportunity. However, I'd like to discuss things with her, and then we can sort out the deal. It doesn't sound that bad, does it?" I knew the explanation wasn't needed. However, I wasn't dealing with any teensy weensy people; they were a gang full of influential people. Cautiousness was my priority. It was beneficial for our safety.

"The girl really changed you." Was it that obvious? Howbeit the remark was indeed true, I didn't let my façade crack. C'mon, it was something I mastered for five damn years.

"Alright, gentlemen, we should get going. It's about to be the new year, anyway." Thankfully, Chase interrupted us, and soon we walked out of the double doors.

We had been there for almost two freaking hours. Sweet Jesus! Of course, the profession did ask for it. We had to discuss about Ian and exchange cash prizes. And about the ruckus Santos created... Well, I still had to figure things out with him. Currently, he was knocked out somewhere with a dislocated shoulder and a handful of injuries. Thanks fuck! I couldn't tolerate him for a single damn second.

The fact that he collided with my bike on the track so recklessly was so low of him. Not only did he breach the rules, but he also threw himself into the dungeons of danger. Mr. Ellis was enraged with all the fiasco, and the management had planned a sick-ass hostile forfeit.

It was probably the best news of the day. I was as happy as a clam in high water. The bastard did deserve it anyway.

"Chase."

"Yes?"

"Discuss with the boys once. Lemme know their decision."

"Are you sure about this?" His voice was unsure as we walked towards the hall.

"Yes. I need to know their plans, then only I'll let them know our decision."

"What about management? Will they be okay with this? It's clear they want you solely."

"They have to agree. It's not like they've got better options, anyway." I rolled my eyes, remembering the conversation we had.

"Cool. Are you sure you want to do this? Professional racing?" 

I honestly didn't know, but at this point, all I knew was that I couldn't leave racing. Tracks were my second home. Something that I called my own. The power it gave me was plethoric. And I couldn't abandon it. Not now. Not ever.