27. Imperfect Player & Sinful Praiser

"Iv, rise and shine!" I yelled, startling Ivy awake. She sighed and drew the blankets back over her head.

"C'mon, you don't want to skip class today, do you?"

"I can't believe it's already been a week, Soph. It's crazy how quickly time passes. "

"All right, cranky ass, you have ten minutes, or I'll be on my way." She eventually got out of bed after some grumbling and frowning, and I got ready for my lectures.

"Wow, someone's dressed to impress today." Ivy commented, coming out of the bathroom. I gave her a sidelong glance while inspecting my attire. It was a modest one-piece black dress with full puffed sleeves that ended just below my knees. Black stockings and ankle-length boots completed the look. I let my hair down and secured it with a cute hairclip.

"Sweetheart, dress to the nines." I retorted while organizing my books and supplies.

"Darling, whatever you say! He'd be blown away, I'm positive. " She winked at me, giggling.

"Are you done? We have lessons to attend, after all. "

"Yeah, yeah, go on! Ms. Mood spoiler—highly torturous—Soph. "

We strolled through the corridors, oblivious to the stares we were receiving, especially me. Gossip travels at a breakneck speed! I let out a sigh and kept going. I went through my messages, responding to some and deleting the ones that were scams. I was startled when I felt Ivy nudging my sides. I gave her a quizzical look, and she indicated our opposite direction.

I noticed Senior Aria and her gang were approaching us. Was she going to say anything along the lines of, 'Don't go near Aylwin. He's mine.' or a variation thereof. Instead of a clichéd scene, she strolled right by me, our eyes interlocked. My gaze was drawn to the smirk that grazed her lips. Something wasn't quite right about her. She emanated a vibe that screamed, 'Watch out for danger with me being the one.'

That expression she gave me was incomprehensible to me. It wasn't just a leer or a taunt, though. Underneath her stillness, a raging storm was brewing, and I couldn't help but wonder what was going on in her head. As we approached our classes, I permitted the whirling ideas in my head to settle down.

***

"Soph! Soph! Stop! " I was stopped in my tracks by the sound of someone shouting. I spun around to find myself face-to-face with Winter.

"Yes?"

"You need to see this," she said as she handed me her phone.

I stiffened as soon as my eyes landed on the screen. "Wow, only this is left in my life!" I muttered under my breath.

On the Uni forum, there was a picture collage that included Senior Aylwin's photo with me and Senior Aria. So basically, there was an argument about who would be the best match as his girlfriend. Things were going crazy for me when he personally posted the photo, and I couldn't figure out whether I should be elated or enraged. That explained Senior Aria's look, but was that it? Or was there more to it? My life felt like a daily soap opera that I had no control over.

###

"Yes, and I'm pregnant!" As I plopped down in my chair, that was the first thing I heard. Their voices became muffled as soon as they became aware of my presence.

"WTF! Who's pregnant? " I exclaimed, giving them an astonished and baffled look.

"No one yet, but perhaps in the near future." Saphy replied, her tone dripping with mischief. The others chortled and smirked at me.