Chapter 9

We spent the rest of the lesson sorting out what work we would be doing and Ryder wasn't as annoying as he could've been. But that didn't stop me from letting out a rather loud and obvious sigh of relief when the bell finally rang. I gathered my belongings and stood up. I felt a stare piercing into my head so I looked up to find the culprit. Of course it was Ryder. What does he want now? Doesn't he have some annoying slut of a girlfriend to get back to?

"Don't you have a girlfriend to get to?" I voiced my thoughts, leaving out the slut part because I'm not in the mood to get hit or something.

"Let me assure you, she'll find me." He smirked and I scoffed.

"Pig," I said under my breath. "What do you want?"

"I was just waiting for you and was planning on walk you out, shortcake. You know, all that nice guy stuff."

"You're the last person I'd call a 'nice guy'" I air quoted the last words with my fingers for emphasis. I pushed past him, knocking him with my shoulder a little to show that I truly am done with this conversation, and him in general. So what if we're neighbours? Our mums can be friends but we don't have to be. So what's his game? I wouldn't put it past him to be looking for a cheap lay, even though he's got his little rat who would probably do anything he wanted to please his sexual interests. And it's not like I'm going to give him anything.

"Oh yeah and why's that?" He called after me; I could hear his voice getting closer which meant he was catching up to me. I'm not to surprised though, my legs are short and don't carry me very far due to their length, it wouldn't be hard to catch up even though I'm walking faster than normal to get away from him. His legs are much longer than mine and his strides make me look like I'm running in comparison.

"Cause you're a dick." I called back to him as I rounded a corner, before quickly stopping in my tracks.

I looked up at the two boys standing in front of me. There, right in front of me was none other than Leo Grant and Hunter Nichols; two of three of Ryder's friends. I can handle Ryder but the rest of them scare the living daylights out of me. I used to be scared of Ryder too, I'm not going to lie, but with his recent presence he annoys me more than scares me now.

The two boys, who towered over my small frame might I add, both smirked at me. I felt my face redden and I quickly turned only to face Ryder again. I rolled my eyes, "Can you move?" I asked him with a sigh and placed my hand on my hip for emphasis.

"Oh, sassy." I heard one of the boys behind me say and I dropped my hand from my side.

"I could." Ryder said contemplating it. "But I won't." He shrugged.

"You have the maturity level of an eight year old." I told him with a flat look on my face. Can't he just leave me alone? It's bad enough I have to deal with him; I don't want to have to deal with his friends too!

"I like this one, can we keep her?" I heard the other boy say from behind me. I don't know who said what, and I'm not exactly willing to find out either.

"Whatever," I said pushing past him but I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me back. Suddenly there was an arm around my shoulders and when I looked up to see who it was it was Leo. My eyes bulged and I stood there in shock, not moving.

"So Ry, you gonna introduce us to your new friend?" Connor said; what an arse, I had history with him last year and he doesn't even know my name. I don't even know when he turned up. But I know one thing for sure, now that there's four of four, terrified is a word too light to describe the feeling that I'm feeling. I looked over at Ryder, the only one of the four boys who I'm not frightened of, and begged with my eyes for him to let me go. I feel like I'm being held hostage. I just want to get to my next study period in peace.