Chapter 30

As we approached Kyle's friends I got a weird feeling in my stomach. Are we really going to play with them? We don't even know them. But I guess it's just a volleyball game and if they're as nice as Kyle then I guess it should be fine. I pushed the weird feeling away as I walked behind Libby and Kyle to the larger group of people.

"I found people to play." Kyle called as we approached the group. All nine of them looked towards us and they cheered.

"Thank God." One of the guys said, wrapping his arm around the shoulder of a girl.

"Ok, Libby, Jade, this is Pete, Katy, John, Mike, Alex, Olivia, Georgia, Brett and Zoe. Guys, this is Libby and Jade." Kyle introduced us all pointing to each person as he said their name. I'm not going to lie, in about five minutes I won't remember any of their names, but it doesn't really matter in my opinion, we only came to play volleyball.

"Hi." I said waving at the large group of people staring over at us.

"Ok girls, have you ever played volleyball before?" Kyle asked turning to look at us.

"Only at school," Libby answered on behalf of the both of us.

"Alright, well it's easy, just hit it over the net. We're not big game rule enforcers here anyway so let's just have fun." He said with a smile and I returned it.

"How are we doing the teams then?" A guy who I think's name was Brett said.

"What about, Zo, Mike, Alex, Katy, Pete and Liv; verse Jade, Libby, John, Georgia Brett and me?" Kyle asked and we all nodded in agreement. We moved to our designated sides of the net and Kyle served the ball. It flew over the net and one of the girls hit it back over. It was coming straight for me so I tried my best and hit the ball and watched it just scrape over the net. Because it didn't look like it was going to make it, no one ran for it so the ball ended up hitting the ground. "Yes!" Kyle shouted and I looked back at him and he gave me a wide grin.

"You actually did it." Libby said with a laugh and I joined her.

"I guess I have a hidden talent."

"Alright I wouldn't go that far." She said and I rolled my eyes before laughing again. It was the other teams turn to serve the ball and the guy sent it flying. Kyle hit the ball and sent it back to their side of the net. It was hit over a few more times before it reached Libby and she missed, making the ball hit the floor. "Sorry." She called out and everyone laughed.

...

We spent about an hour playing volleyball with Kyle and his friends before Libby and I decided it's time to go back to the others.

"Kyle!" I called out to him getting his attention and he turned around and smiled at me.

"Yeah?" He asked kindly.

"Libby and I should go. Thanks for inviting us to play, we had so much fun." I said and his smile dropped.

"You're leaving? But we were just about to start up another game." He added hopeful for us to stay.

"No, we better get back to our friends."

"Ok." He said nodding agreement, "I guess, but tomorrow will you play with us? And you can bring your friends too." I nodded giving him a smile.

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled at him and he smirked.

"Ok," He said smiling again before holding out his hands. It took me a second to realise he was waiting for a hug. Libby and I hugged him before saying goodbye to all his friends and walking back to the boys.