Chapter 36

I approached the lunchroom alone. I don't know where everyone else is, but I guess I'll just meet them inside; we sit at the same table everyday so they'll know where to find me. As I approached the line to get lunch I heard my name being called. I turned to the doorway, which was where the voice had come from. After a few seconds I noticed Macy entering the room and she was looking directly at me, so she must have been the one who called me. I smiled at her and waved her over. She returned the smile before beginning to walk closer towards me.

"Hey," I said when she reached me and lined up behind me.

"Hey." She replied.

"So you decided to take me up on the offer then?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah, turns out Ashley's not here today so I thought today would be as good a day as any to sit with you."

"True." I replied, not really caring that she had basically just admitted we were her second choice. To be fair, she didn't know any of the people I sat with, so I understand where she's coming from. "So what's it like being BFF's with Ashley Weather's anyway?" I asked conversationally.

"Wow, Jade. I wouldn't pick you as the jealous type." She said with a laugh and I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"Believe me, I'm the not jealous. I just wanted to know if she's as bitchy to her friends as she is to me."

"No, I mean she's nice enough to me. Her friends on the other hand are annoying as hell."

"Yeah." I agreed, really having nothing else to say on the matter because I agree 100%.

"So, where are all your friends then? Oh, do I get to meet THE Ryder Steele now? How exciting." She said sarcastically, and I laughed. I picked up two slices of pizza and she did the same before we began walking towards the table.

"Yeah, and THE Leo Grant, Hunter Nichols and Connor Harris. Pretty exciting stuff, you should feel privileged really." I replied sarcastically and we both laughed. I like Macy we have similar humour.

"Wow, I think it's all too much." She said catching me off guard and I laughed again. We made it to the table and I took a seat, and she did the same sitting across from me. "Seriously though, where are they all?"

"You know I really don't know." I admitted before looking towards the door, and she followed my gaze having to turn around in her chair. Finally the guys walked through, all together and moved to the lunch line. Ryder met my gaze and smirked, and I felt my lips twitch up into a smile, but when Macy turned around I made sure to make my face neutral.

"That's them right? The guys who just walked in?" She asked looking at me and I nodded. "Ok, can you please explain who's who? I know it's embarrassing because I've been here for like a month, but Ashley and the others just talk as if I already know." I laughed lightly and nodded.

"Ok well you know who Ryder is?" I asked and she nodded.

"The one wearing the leather jacket right? From History?" I nodded in response.

"Ok well, the one with brown hair and brown eyes, whose kind of shorter than Ryder, that's Leo." She nodded. "Hunter is the tallest one, with brown hair and blue eyes." She nodded again. "And Connor has browny-blonde hair. He's also the shortest."

"Ok. So Ryder, leather jacket. Leo, brown eyes and hair. Hunter, brown eyes blue hair. And Connor, lightest hair." She said rattling off the list mostly to herself, I think, just so she knew who was who.

"You got it. Good job."

"Thanks," She said with a smile.

"Jade, Lib, what's good?" Leo said as he placed his food on the table and took a seat. The other boys followed. Ryder sat next to me, and Hunter sat next to him, then there was Macy, then Connor, and then Leo. There was a spare seat next to me which Libby would have to take, when she eventually gets here. Where is she? "Wait you're not Libby." Leo said suddenly realising Macy was in fact not Libby, his friend of a few months now. I laughed and Macy nodded.