Chapter 42

I walked into the history room and found a seat in the second row. There were only four other people in here, I'm only here so early because my last class had been moved to the room two doors down. I placed my books on the desk in front of me, and pulled out my timetable to see what else I have today. Next is lunch, which is good, and then I have maths and then English before getting to go home and enjoy the weekend. Friday's come around so slowly, after having all that homework this past week, but it's here now.

Last night however, I was not doing homework. Last night had been perfect just like the first time had been. Ryder left at about eleven, because the last thing we wanted was my parents thinking anything was happening. We'd been so cautious to stay quiet, or quiet enough that my parents wouldn't hear from downstairs; we didn't want to blow it by having my parents catch us out or get suspicious if he never left. Speaking of Ryder, he and Macy walked into the room. They spotted me and continued their conversation as they made their way over towards me. Ryder sat down next to me while Macy sat in the desk across the aisle from ours, on my other side.

"Hey." Ryder said as he took his seat, breaking the conversation with Macy.

"Hey." I said greeting them both. "What're you talking about?" I asked fuelling my curiosity.

"Bowling tonight." He answered and I nodded in understanding. This morning before school started, we'd decided we'd all go bowling tonight considering there were no parties that we could attend.

"Macy reckons that her old school had a bowling tournament and her team won."

"A bowling tournament?" I asked turning to look at her, one of my eyebrows raised.

"Yes!" She defended. "They actually happen."

"Well you're going to be in tough competition with Hunter then because he won by a landslide last time we went bowling." I informed her and she nodded.

"Hey, he only beat me by five points. That's not a landslide." Ryder said instantly and Macy and I laughed.

"Ryder already warned me." She said with a smirk. "I'm not scared though. I reckon I can take him." She said and I laughed lightly.

"This is going to be entertaining." I said looking at Ryder briefly and he nodded.

"Yeah entertaining to watch me beat Hunter. Maybe it'll deflate his big head a little bit." Macy said and I shook my head with a dead serious expression on my face.

"Nothing can deflate his big head." I said and they both laughed.

"That's probably true." She agreed.

"It's definitely true." Ryder added. Miss Greene walked into the room and stood in front of the class waiting for everyone's attention. It only took a few seconds for conversations to stop and to have all eyes on her.

"Morning." She said before getting straight into the lesson. She walked around the room and gave out a sheet of paper with fifteen questions on it.

After about twenty minutes of her explaining the task for today we had been left to our own accord to work individually on the task she had set. The room was silent as everyone was working. Me being the lazy person I am, I'm copying out the answers from the textbook.

"Hey cheater," Ryder asked from next to me and I glared up at him.

"I'm not cheating." I insisted. Technically I'm not, she said we could use the textbook for help.

"Alright, cheaty. What's the answer for question five?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"So you're going to accuse me of cheating and then ask for an answer?" I asked and he nodded.