Chapter 17

My eyes opened groggily and I pulled the blanket up over my head. I guess we had all fallen asleep. After all our shirts had come off in strip truth or dare, Leo quickly lost and ended up with his pants off. We decided we'd call it quits on that game and watch another movie instead. Obviously the movie was pretty exhilarating if we'd all fallen asleep. It was around 3 in the morning by then though, so I guess it's acceptable. I removed the blanket from over my eyes and looked around me. All the others were still asleep. Libby and I were on the double mattress, whilst Leo was sprawled on the single and Connor was on the other single. Hunter and Ryder were both still sleeping on the couches.

It's always so annoying when you're the first to wake up from a sleep over. It is however a good time to wash my face and tame my hair before they all see me in such a crazy state. I slowly lifted myself up, making sure not to wake Libby. I tiptoed over to the bathroom and softly shut the door. In all honesty I was scarred to look in the mirror and see the mess I'd have to deal with today. When I finally built up the courage I walked over to the sink and peered in the mirror above it.

Luckily, there was no dry saliva on my cheeks and my hair wasn't a complete fuzz ball. I splashed some water on my face and combed through the knots in my hair with my fingers. When I was satisfied, or at least not appalled, with my appearance I walked out of the bathroom and went back to lie down on the mattress. Once I got back into the living room I noticed that Libby had sprawled herself, like a big starfish all over the mattress. Sighing I walked away and into the kitchen where I could hear voices.

"Hey, Jade." Andy said as I walked into the room. I gave him a smile and ruffled his hair.

"Hi, Suzan, Andy." I greeted the two who were in the kitchen.

"How was your sleep?" Suzan replied bringing her glass of water over to the kitchen table and sitting down. She gestured for me to join her so I did.

"It was ok. The mattresses are quite comfortable, even when on the floor." She let out a light laugh and shook her head.

"Yeah, Ryder made sure there was enough downstairs, he was very adamant about the mattresses. He really wanted to sleep down here instead of upstairs."

"Really?" She nodded. I laughed lightly as she had before. He probably wanted to sleep downstairs because he knew we'd be up majority of the night and would be making a lot of noise. "Do you happen to know the time?" I asked Suzan due to my quick scan of the room not finding a clock.

"Yes, it's," she peered down at her wristwatch, "10:56." Wow it's later than I thought. It feels so early but that's probably because we went to sleep so late.

"Thanks." I said offering her a small smile.

"Well I'm going to go over and see your mother and have a quick coffee. Feel free to make yourself breakfast, come on Andy don't want to disturb the party going on." She said sarcastically before standing up to leave.

"Andy can stay if he wants, he can keep me company while I wait for the others to all wake up." I said smiling at her and sending Andy a wink.

"Are you sure?" She asked me raising an eyebrow in concern.

"Honestly, I don't mind. It's up to him," I said before turning in his direction. He grinned widely at me before turning towards his mother.

"Me and Jade are best friends, of course she wants me here."

"Ok, ok. I'll see you both later then." Suzan said before turning around and walking out the kitchen door. I heard the front door shut before I turned to Andy.