Chapter 18

Libby was curling the last strand of my hair as we sat on my bed. Lib had her hair and makeup done and was just finishing my hair. We were both not dressed yet and decided we'd leave that for last. My hair had taken a lot longer than expected to curl and we now had only half an hour before the boys had told us they'd be picking us up.

There was a knock on my bedroom door and I yelled for the person to come in. it was probably my mum seeing how we were going. The door handle turned and the door opened revealing Ryder. I looked at him confused as he made himself at home going to sit on my desk chair and pulling out his phone.

"Ryder? What are you doing here?" I asked looking at Libby who was also wearing a confused look on her face.

"My parents and brother were driving me insane, so I came here. I assume you don't mind." He added looking up at me from his phone.

"Ok, well what are you doing in my room?"

"You let me in." He said furrowing his eyebrows. "Do you have amnesia?"

"No. Did my mum let you up, is what I mean?"

"Yeah she said I could come up here, and I knew which one was your room because of last time I was over." I nodded in acknowledgement and I saw Libby looking at me confused.

"You've been here before?" She asked Ryder.

"Yeah that time his family came over for dinner, I swear I told you that." I answered for him.

"I meant in your room." She said looking at me like she knew my deepest secret. Which she most likely did.

"Well we're not done getting ready so you can just sit there I guess."

"That's cool, better than being at home." He answered me and went back to scrolling through his phone. Libby came over to me holding a bag, which was full of makeup that I owned but never used. Most of which were given to me by either her or my mum as presents; but in all honesty I don't know how to use majority of the products in the bag. She pulled out my foundation, one of the only products I knew how to use, and started applying it to my face. I sat as still as possible with my eyes closed as she dabbed the product onto my face using a sponge.

When she was finished she rummaged through the bag in search of what I'm assuming is bronzer, because from the quick glance I stole at the mirror I was very white at the moment.

"Why do you look so pale? I thought makeup was supposed to make you look better not sick." Ryder said from his seat. I looked over at him and gave rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Makeup has a lot of different layers involved." Libby answered for me. "By the time I'm done she'll look amazing." He got up from his seat on the chair and made his way towards us. He took a seat on the edge of the bed that was not being taken up by products. I felt Libby start to apply the bronzer to my cheeks and I let her looking directly at her. Her makeup looked amazing. She had a dark eye and nude lip combo, which matched her outfit and face shape perfectly. Her cheekbones stood out a mile and her eyebrows were filled in flawlessly.

"That's better she doesn't look like a vampire now." Ryder added before picking up an eye shadow out of the bag. "Where does this go?" He asked and Libby pulled the product out of his hands and opened it up.

"Eyelid. How did you pick the perfect colour?" She asked him and he smirked.

"I'm amazing." I rolled my eyes at his comment before looking down so she could apply the product to my eyes. It was a nice matte brown shade and she added it lightly adding a darker colour to the crease.