Chapter 13

My eyes flew open. WHAT TIME IS IT? I quickly sat up in bed and checked the clock on the bedside table. 10! 10 o'clock? Well shit. I jumped out of bed and quickly picked up my phone messaging Libby that I'd be at school late today. I didn't wait for her to reply before I ran into the bathroom to start getting ready. In the middle of brushing my teeth I heard my phone buzz. That's got to be Lib, but there's really no time to check I'm already an hour late to school. My parents are going to be so mad at me, and my teachers are going to kill me. I finished up from the bathroom and quickly got dressed before grabbing my phone and car keys and racing downstairs. I went to the kitchen first to grab something to go, so I wouldn't be starving by lunch.

"Why are you running around like a chicken without a head?" Mum asked casually. What the heck is she doing here? Doesn't she have work? "And why are you dressed? It's 10 a.m."

"Exactly!" I shouted at her. "School starts at nine." Has she suffered short-term memory loss or something, what doesn't she understand about me having to go to school?

"It's Saturday." She called out just as I was leaving the kitchen. I stopped in my tracks and turned around slowly. It can't be. How could I not have realised it wasn't a school day. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I checked the message from Libby that I had received earlier. It's Saturday, idiot. It read and I felt my stomach literally drop. How could I have thought it was a school day? Even last night I was convinced that I was going to bed too late for a school night. But really, why am I complaining?

I picked up my phone and looked through my recent calls until I found the one labelled, Libby my queen. That's what happens when you ask Libby to mind your phone, she changes the names in you contact list. It took me forever to figure out that Darth Vader was my father. I dialled her number and bought the phone up to my ear.

"Hey nerd, did you make it to school?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up. It was an honest mistake."

"Yeah yeah, anyway what's up?" She asked.

"What are you doing today, since it's Saturday and all?"

"Nothing, can we go somewhere?"

"Yeah where do you feel like going?"

"What about the ice rink? We haven't done that in a while." This is why she's my best friend.

"Yes! Great idea, what time do you want me to pick you up?"

"About an hour? Some of us didn't rush trying to get ready for school."

"Shut up or you'll be walking." Her laugh rang in my ear. "I'll be there in an hour." I added before hanging up and putting my phone down. Well I'm dressed, which means I've got an hour to wait for Libby the lazy ass.

"Where are you going, Hun?" My mum asked when she saw I was done with the phone.

"Ice rink with Libby," she nodded.

"Well you've got an hour to kill, do you feel like going over the Steele's? Suzan invited me for a coffee."

"Um, not really if I'm honest." Who want's to deal with Ryder at this time in the morning? Definitely not me.

"Come on, she asked me to bring you. She likes you, I saw Ryder get into a car full of boys earlier though so he won't be there unfortunately." My face lifted, well if the devil himself wasn't going to be there I guess I could go. She's right; I do have an hour to kill.

"Alright I'll come, but I've got to go in an hour to pick up Libby." She smiled and got up from her seat at the bench.

I followed her out of the house making sure to grab my wallet and keys on the way, so I wouldn't have to come back inside before I left. We walked down the porch and up to the Steele household. I rang the doorbell and we waited in silence. The door clicked unlocked and slowly opened. I looked down to find Andy standing there.