Chapter 25

This chapter is dedicated to NaNaNaNaBatman2002 for saying TBBGB is her favourite book on Wattpad and jadeywadey3945 for having the same name as Jade :)

Since our trip to the bowling alley, Libby and Connor have pretty much become official. They publically show their affections towards each other with small gestures like hand holding or walking together, but they don't kiss publically. Libby has shared with me that they do, in fact, kiss in private. It's been about two weeks since the night out, and I'm surprised they're not yet labelling their relationship yet. I personally think that they are two scared to put a label on it, in the fear that something will happen to it or someone will try and ruin it for them. There are a lot of crazy girls who are in love with Connor at our school, so I don't really blame them. In my opinion they should go public and deal with any situations if they arise, not put off going public in the fear that something might happen.

"Jade?" I heard from the walkie-talkie next to my bed. Ryder and I have used these walkie-talkies a lot more than I had originally thought we would. They're mostly used for brief conversations or questions, but sometimes we'll use them at night and have a longer conversation. I know we have phones, and phones have better connection but the walkie-talkies are just fun to use; I hate to admit it, but Ryder was right.

"Yeah?" I called back, waiting for a response.

"Please tell me it's you who Libby is dragging to mini golf and not some other person." I rolled my eyes.

"Of course it's me, why did Connor ask you to go?"

"Yeah, I thought he would've asked Hunter, but he told me he asked me because we get along better than you and Hunter."

"Makes sense." I replied. Well that's just great. I was hoping it wasn't going to be Ryder who was going mini golfing. If only Libby had listened to me when I said for them to just go on their own, but no. Apparently Libby is still not completely comfortable with being alone with Connor, despite having been alone with him multiple times before. Well at least that was her excuse anyway, for needing friends to accompany them. Lately when I'm around Ryder I get a weird feeling in my stomach. I wouldn't say its butterflies because he doesn't make me nervous or anything; it's just a weird feeling. I've been trying to distance myself slightly from him, so that the feeling can subside but it's proving hard; especially because we live next door to each other and our parents are good friends. I went over to his house the other night for dinner, with my parents of course, and we sit together at lunch during school. It's just hard to distance yourself from someone who is so prominent in your life, without cutting them out completely. I am however glad it is Ryder going over Hunter because although I consider Hunter and I close friends, I consider Ryder to be a closer friend.

"Alright, well I'll see you in an hour. Wear something cute, shortcake." He said and I could just tell he was smirking at the other end. My blinds were closed so I couldn't see if he actually was or not.

"For that, I'm going to wear the most disgusting thing I own." I replied with a proud smirk.

"No you wont, anyway I've got to go. I'll see you soon." He said before I heard his line go dead and I put the device down. Well I have one hour to kill, because I really cant be bothered doing homework, and plus it's a Saturday and I deserve a day off from it. I pulled my laptop onto my lap and opened it up. I plugged my phone into the laptop to charge before opening up YouTube and started looking through videos of people I was subscribed to.

After watching three or four videos, I realised I had twenty minutes to get ready. That's all I'd need though, considering I'm not planning on getting dressed up. I pulled on a pair of blue jeans, which had rips in the knees and a white loose tank top. I tied a black jumper around my waist and pulled on my black and white converses. I looked in the mirror at my outfit and was pretty satisfied with the turn out. I made my way to the bathroom to do my makeup. I applied foundation, eyeliner and my mascara before settling on leaving it at that. There was no need to overdo the makeup, because in all honesty I don't know how too. My hand went to my hair when I realised how dirty it was, so instead of leaving it down I opted for tying it into two messy buns on top of my head. There I'm ready.