Chapter 16

We're two movies into the night and I am currently sprawled across one of the mattresses that is on the floor of Ryder's lounge room. The end credits are rolling to some action movie that I don't know the name of; it was a good movie but I don't really want to be stuck here watching all seven of them.

"Let's watch the next one!" Leo said excitedly and I looked towards Libby, I wonder if she wants to watch the next one because I sure don't. She looked at me and rolled her eyes in a way that showed she was really done with watching these movies. She's not one for action movies, so I'm surprised she's watched two in a row.

"How about not watching the next one." I said throwing a look at Libby who looked at me relieved. I looked towards the boys and their heads had all turned to me in shock.

"What? Why?" Hunter said, getting defensive about the movies. "It's the greatest series of movies ever made."

"Yeah I bet it is. But we've watched two, can't we do something different?"

"Like what?" He replied crossing his arms. I shrugged my shoulders and looked towards the other boys for ideas.

"Well what do you girls normally do at a sleepover?"

"Oh, definitely walk around in our underwear and have pillow fights." All four of their eyes perked up at this and Libby and I burst out laughing. Their faces dropped immediately when they realised I was joking.

"That's not funny." Hunter said with a glare towards me.

"It really was." I said still laughing at them.

"Oh I know what we can do." Connor said proudly. We all looked towards him waiting for him to continue. "Well, I was watching this video online and they got a bunch of mattress' and put them at the top of the stairs. Then basically they jumped on and slid down the stairs with them."

"So you want to mattress surf down my stairs." Ryder asked a bit confused. Connor nodded vigorously. Would someone get hurt sliding down the stairs on a mattress? Probably. But would it be entertaining? Definitely. I stood up from the mattress I was sitting on.

"Well what are we waiting for?" I asked the group and they all looked up at me confused, except Connor who was smiling because I was agreeing to his plans.

"You seriously want to do this?" Leo asked looking at me like I was crazy.

"Well we've got nothing better to do, and Ryder has stairs, and we have mattresses. I don't see why we can't give it a shot." I looked over at Libby for support and she was smiling. She stood up from the mattress also and nodded to me.

"I'm in." I smiled at her, thankfully that she had joined me and we looked at the remaining three boys who were yet to agree. Leo stood up after a minute of contemplation and joined our side of mattress surfing. Once Leo had stood up, Hunter soon joined and we were just left waiting for Ryder. He looked over at each one of us slowly and his eyes lingered on mine a little longer then the rest challenging me to see if I was serious. I cocked an eyebrow asking if he was in? He obviously got the message because he stood up and I smirked. I won.

"Fine. But I'm not going first." I looked over at Connor and he looked back at me.

"Shot first." He shouted before picking up a mattress.

...

After about 20 minutes of trying to bring the mattresses up stairs we had finally managed. We only ended up bringing two of the three up the stairs because the other one was too big due to it being a double size. The single mattresses fit perfectly in between the stair railing and the wall. To be fair, Libby and I hadn't done much in the process of bringing the mattresses up because they were extremely heavy. The four boys had to carry them up one at a time with one of them on each corner; so Libby and I knew we'd be of no help in the situation. We had lined one up and it was ready to go. Looking at it now, it was probably really dangerous doing this. The stairs were pretty steep so the mattress could be going really fast. And what's going to happen when we hit the bottom? Why didn't I think of this before I agreed to this stupid thing? Connor jumped on the mattress immediately as if it were a ride at an amusement park, and looked at me.