Chapter 35

"Why do we still drive separately to school?" Ryder asked as I closed my car door. I waited for Libby to get out before I locked it.

"He makes a good point." Libby said and I shrugged in reply.

"Maybe I don't want to drive with you." I said mockingly to Ryder and he laughed.

"Alright, shortcake." He replied sarcastically and I rolled my eyes before we walked away from our cars and towards the school entrance.

"So what'd you guys do when you got home last night?" Libby asked conversationally. My mind flashed to last night, which Ryder and I spent together, on my bed whilst watching a movie. Well we didn't watch much of the movie if I'm honest, but I mean the movie played in the background while we made out. It's so weird just suddenly being so open about my feelings towards Ryder, or at least to him, not to anyone else. And it's also so weird to be admitting that I made out with Ryder, or even accepting that it happened. A month ago, heck even a week ago, I wouldn't have even considered it a possibility nor would I have wanted to.

"Um not much, just watched movies with my parents." I replied casually.

"Yeah I took Andy out for ice cream." Ryder replied and Libby nodded. "What'd you do?" He asked her steering the topic away from us. The hallway was empty, where is everyone this morning?

"Connor came over for about an hour but then I went to sleep so early, I was so tired last night."

"Same." I agreed just to humour her. As we walked down the hallway, I felt someone squeeze my butt and I looked at Ryder, warning him to stop. He smirked at me in response, clearly proud of his inappropriate behaviour that anyone could've seen. Libby wouldn't have seen it though because she was slightly ahead of us. I hit Ryder in the stomach and he laughed lightly before we continued walking as if nothing had happened, which for Libby's sake nothing had.

"Hey," I heard from ahead of us as the hallway started to fill with people. I looked ahead to see Connor, Leo and Hunter heading over to us. We waved hello and conversations about school quickly picked up.

"How annoying is it that we now have school after the long weekend." Leo said to me and I nodded in agreement.

"It's ridiculously annoying." I agreed. "Who wants to be here when we could be living in that house on the beach?"

"True." He agreed and we laughed lightly.

"No man, I can't." Ryder said loudly over the crowds of noise. All attention turned on Hunter and himself. People that were walking past had all stopped in their tracks and were looking at Ryder's outburst.

"Dude, why?" Hunter asked in a more hushed tone, trying to lower the attention from them.

"Because I just can't." Ryder said in a more reasonable volume.

"So you're trying to tell me, that you can not go on a date as my wingman. That's ridiculous." Hunter said, throwing his arms in the air in disbelief. While other people had started to disperse and loose interest in Ryder's outburst, I was very focussed on the topic of conversation, as were the rest of our friends.

"You're normally not one to not wingman. What are you busy or something?" Leo asked, chiming in to the conversation.

"Yeah I am." Ryder replied nodding his head.

"Doing what?" Hunter pushed for more answers.

"I've got a family thing on that night." Ryder said, making a convincing argument while looking sternly at Hunter.