Chapter 45

I pulled up to the parking spot and put my car in park. I looked over at Libby as she spoke about her plans with Connor for tonight. I won't lie, I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation, more just nodding along and throwing the occasional 'yeah'. I still haven't told her that Ryder came over last night. I will tell her, I just haven't had the opportunity because she hasn't shut up since she got in the car.

"Yeah so then we're going to go to the diner for food." I nodded my head as I unlocked the car and got out. She followed my lead and soon we were walking towards the school. We walked about ten metres with me pretending to listen to what she was saying, before I caught sight of the guys. All four of them were standing around in a circle lazily having a conversation about who knows what. My eyes drifted to Ryder as I watched him intently listen to Leo's words. He was nodding and was obviously really interested in whatever his best friend was saying. The complete opposite to what I was doing with Libby. After Ryder had apologised last night he left. I think he understood that his presence was still not one hundred percent welcome in my house. Sure I believed his story, and I forgave him but the last time he was in my house we were making out so him being there was kind of weird.

"Jade, are you even listening?" Libby asked tearing me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I said looking over at her and she rolled her eyes.

"You're ridiculous! You're in your own little world." She said and I smirked, it's pretty funny when she gets mad.

"Sorry, sorry. What were you saying?" I asked her pulling her to a holt so that she knew I was giving her my undivided attention.

"Don't worry about it it's not important." She said turning to continue walking but I pulled her back.

"No seriously you have my full attention. What were you saying?" I asked her and she sighed in defeat.

"I was just saying that I know you obviously still have feelings for Ryder but you can't keep staring at him." She said and I laughed lightly.

"I wasn't staring." I said and she raised her eyebrows at me. I continued to walk and she quickly picked up her pace as well.

"Yes. You were." She said and I shook my head.

"Well, it's fine. He came over last night and apologised." I said casually and this time she pulled me to a stop.

"What? Why haven't you said this already?" She asked and I laughed.

"Because you haven't shut up since you got in the car; and you looked like you were really enjoying talking about yourself so I thought it could wait." I admitted and she shook her head in disbelief.

"You're insane. I was talking to distract you from him."

"By talking about you and his best friend?" I asked in reply and she stopped.

"Ok well you make a good point." She admitted and I laughed. "So what happened? Please explain." She said preparing herself for the juicy gossip she was about to receive. Little did she know there was nothing juicy about it.

"Nothing much, he just explained himself and the bet. He admitted that it was dumb and he said he didn't realise when he'd made it that we'd actually become close friends. Then he left."

"He left?" She asked and I nodded. "No way did he just leave. That's not like him."

"What do you mean? What would you expect him to do?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"I don't know, a goodbye kiss or something."

"Ok, now you're insane." I replied shaking my head.