𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣

"Papáááá! Tell Andrew to give me my juguety (toy) back!" Tate yelled from the back seat of the van, waving her arms like a manic as tears flowed down her chubby and red painted cheeks

"Papáááá! Tell Andrew to give me my juguety (toy) back!" Tate yelled from the back seat of the van, waving her arms like a manic as tears flowed down her chubby and red painted cheeks. We were seated in a yellow travel van that we had bought as soon as we landed from our flight in Colombia from Australia.

My mamá had passed away giving birth to my smallest sibling, my baby sister Ana. It was hard on all of us, especially me and papá.

I loved my mum, she was gorgeous inside and out and always made me laugh. She had fair skin,almost olive but definitely not pale, soft brown hair that was both curly and straight like waves, green eyes and freckles across her nose and cheeks. Everything was perfect but as soon as the doctor rushed through that door and took papá away into the room, nothing had ever been the same.

Her smile was as bright as the sun as she twirled me around her finger. In a little Aussie cafe, laughter filled the air and clapping was heard faintly in the distance as all I could focus on was the joy filling my heart. I spun around with my mother, both of us grabbing our colourful Mauritian sega skirts in one hand and flipping it as we turned. I looked to the side, seeing my father singing on stage as Maria tapped on the Congo drums with a smile on her face. Carlos played the maracas and Bee was on the castanet with even more of my father's friends playing other instruments. The bright, happy music flowed through the crowd and my eyes followed along the audience as I danced to see people dancing along with us. 'I love you Anita, don't you ever forget that mi amor." She softly smiled as her eyes glistened and glowed in the light. It was like a dream.

My ma even let me have her middle name, Marie, as my middle name. She was my sunshine and the light in my life and though I still have to put on a brave face and smile for my hermanos (brothers) and hermanas (sisters), my heart continues to crack every time I think about her. I miss her.

I miss you mamá.

At least I have 8 siblings as a distraction.

"Tate, it's juguete, ju-gue-te, not juguety." Bianca pronounced it loudly and rolled her eyes. Papá lightly chuckled and then looked through the front mirror to see Andrew.

"Andrew." He said sternly and gave him 'the look'. His 'look' is not just a normal "look", its actually scary. It's like a demon piercing through your soul ready to kill you and make sure you never see the pure lig-

Anyways, my point is, it's extremely intimidating. Mum probably taught him how to do it if I'm honest, she was one powerful woman that lady.

"Sorry papá..." Andrew grumbled and discreetly glared at his sister. I chuckled and looked back out the window, taking my attention away from Manuel, aka my best friend and my favourite out of the Sánchez siblings.

One reason being he's the closest to my age, only a year younger, and the second reason being that he shares the same humour and thoughts as me a lot of the time. We're almost as much as twins as Maria and Miguel, except they hate each their.