𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟦

"Wait Mirabel, careful!" I yelled at the her, she was racing down after the anonymous figure

I was never an athletic person so for the single minute that we were running, my legs were beginning to give out on me.

The figure was somehow above us but I couldn't really focus on where he was much because I was trying to keep up with my, surprisingly fast, best friend.

She had banged through a loose wooden wall, I heard two voices scream from a room we were near.

Mirabel had stopped when we got to a big gap in the floor.

She turned around and stared moving back for more distance.

"Mirabel...no." I warned her but she...kindly...ignored me. "Fine, I take no responsibility for your death if you mess up." She rolled her eyes at me and ran forward, lunging across the floor, barely making it but holding onto the wood.

"Wow, impressive...show off." I whispered and she grinned at me but her smile disappeared when she started slipping.

"Mirabel!" I yelled, I tried to reach out for her but wasn't close enough to her side.

Well fucking shit...

I moved back a few steps, taking a deep breath and then jumping across.

I was surprised that I made it but didn't have enough time to celebrate as I latched onto Mirabel who was barely hanging on.

I grabbed her wrist, my hands slowly slipping as I was sweating so much.

Fuck you sweaty hands.

She was about to fall but another arm reached down and grabbed hold of her other wrist.

I saw a glimpse of long brown hair and a green sleeve as we put all our strength into pulling Mirabel back up.

We sat down for a few minutes to catch our breaths. I got a close look at the figure, it was a man. He had shoulder length, brown hair, a stubble beard and moustache and a green poncho.

"Bruno?" Mirabel asked and he shyly nodded.

Wow... I was not expecting that.

"I swear I heard Camilo say you were seven foot with rats on your back or something. Well, I guess he was right about the rats..." I gestured to the rats that surrounded him and he grinned proudly, "but you're so...tiny." Mirabel nudged me and he chuckled.