𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟥𝟥

The next day I was pretty sure the whole town was tired, we had all gotten breaks from school and work so everyone could pitch in to help rebuild the house

The next day I was pretty sure the whole town was tired, we had all gotten breaks from school and work so everyone could pitch in to help rebuild the house. Still, everyone had already had a huge break from education so we had to go back to school.

I almost slept in too late but somehow I got to school just as it began.

"Hola class, I am Miss Adella, i'm your substitute for today." She smiled sweetly, something she should not have done. I could tell she was a soft teacher, something about her long floral dress and her quiet high-pitched voice gave me that vibe. Not that it was a bad thing, just for this class...it was considered.

"Ok, I'll do the roll." She started reading through the names slowly, messing up every single pronunciation, I didn't even know that was possible. "Luis."

"Here." Juan rose his hand, he grinned.

"Juan."

"Here!" Luis yelled loudly, laughing.

I was sitting with Mirabel for first class, Juan and Luis were sitting together, along with Rosie and Madelyn who were laughing about something else. We had started on the worksheet, well sort of. I had written the questions and Mirabel still had to finish the responses so I had nothing left to do.

I looked around, yawning as I did so. No one was doing their work, except for a few and I didn't blame them. It was a boring class, we had been working 24/7 to build a house and we had a soft teacher, she didn't even tell anyone off.

I looked at Madelyn and Rosie who had turned around in their seats, talking to Juan and Luis, I waved at them and they waved back. I averted my gaze to Camilo who was in his usual seat at the back, dozing off.

"You almost done Mirabel?" I turned to her and she smiled at me, nodding and finishing the last sentence.

When the teacher had stopped looking we quickly moved over to the spare desk near the rest our friends.

"Hey, what you guys talking about?"

Luis looked at me, a mischievous grin on his face. "Just a little joke on sleeping beauty over there. "He chuckled, gesturing to Camillo who was leaning on his arm and drooling on his desk at the back, looking at peace...all alone.

Madelyn rolled her eyes, "You two are going to get in trouble."

"No, not if we have help." He sang, wiggling his eyebrows at us.

"Fuck no." I shook my head and looked over to Mirabel who shook her head as well.

"I think you forgot...babe, if he can shapeshift, he can pound your ass...as anyone." Madelyn said and they scoffed, shrugging and taking a marker out of his pencil case.

They glanced up at the teacher and then quickly shuffled away over to the front of his desk, crouching down so they could draw on him.

"Juan, Juan." The teacher tried getting Luis's attention but he forgot that he had switched names with Juan.