𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟩

Mirabel's POVI was sitting with Anita and talking about the chapter we had just read, in Señorita Matínezs class

Mirabel's POV
I was sitting with Anita and talking about the chapter we had just read, in Señorita Matínezs class.

She finally finished marking the rest of the assignments at her desk and started handing them out.

I got 95%!

Anita grinned and congratulated me, looking over to Manuel from across the room and holding it up. He grinned and looked surprised, holding up his own paper and showing a 95% as well. I laughed and turned back to Anita.

"Yesss, 79%!" She said with a grin and looked over at Camilo who was staring widely at his paper.

He ran over and displayed it right in Anita's face.

"Boom! 75%" he said, looking at hers. "What?! How did you get higher?!" He grumbled and stomped back to his seat, both of us laughing.

At least it wasn't as bad as Sofía's, she got 48% and was asked to stay back after class.

We walked out after class finished, about to head over to our usual spot, before feeling someone tap my shoulder.

I turned around and saw Manuel standing there...he looked nervous.

"Well, I'll be going now, adios!" Anita said with a grin and skipped away.

"Uhh, hey." He smiled and I smiled back.

"Hola Manuel, do you need something?"

"Oh, I just wanted to ask you something."

"Go ahead."

"Do you... I don't know, wanna go to...the dance with me?" He asked, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

Oh no.

"Oh, Manuel." I placed a hand on his shoulder, "Someone already asked me..." I gave him a sad, apologetic look and he frowned.

"Oh...who?"

"A boy in the next year up, his name's Ryan..." he looked even more sad and just nodded, walking away.

I felt so bad. I didn't realise he liked me that way. I though he was just a friend, I had never had such close friends like him, especially not from the opposite gender so I was excited that he would want to be my friend.

Everyone always said I was weird anyways so when a hot guy in the grade above asked me, I couldn't say no.

Of course, I knew now, that I was wrong.

"Hey, you alright Mirabel?" Anita asked, slightly concerned and I knew, that she knew he was going to ask me and I didn't want to let her down, so I just nodded.

"Hey Maribel." A voice called out to me from behind. We turned to see Ryan standing there with a grin. "Hey Camilo" he said and my cousin just nodded at him, then he turned to me, "Can I talk to you?" I nodded and got up, all of my friends jaws dropped and confused.