𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟦

The last day of the weekend before school and I had no idea what to do

"Anita, can you get the food from this list, at the market, for dinner, por favor?" Pá asked, handing me one of Abuela's shopping lists.

Smiling and nodding my head, I slipped my shoes on and headed off.

I greeted a few people that had remembered me from the day we helped Camilo with his chores.

Walking down over to the veggie market, seeing Bianca already there and talking with a tall, young guy with blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

He was attractive, sure, but not really my type. I was glad Bee finally found someone though because she had been trying for years, having 7 boyfriends, just in primary school and a new one each year for high school, before she left.

I decided to turn the other direction and get fruits instead so I wouldn't interrupt them. Walking over and looking at all the different, colourful options before turning my head and seeing something peculiar.

Something peculiar...and very familiar.

A yellow poncho, poking out from the side. Slowly peering around the wall, I saw a brick ledge connecting two markets. A gap of space between both buildings, for the ledge. In between, a boy...a very familiar boy.

I stared at him from a far, his arm hanging off the ledge as his body rested peacefully. Tousled, curly hair falling over his face, as his body rose up and down with each breath.

I chuckled slightly, wishing I had a camera. Then I heard a 'meow', followed with a fury paw, reaching out from behind the wall to scratch Camilo's hair.

I was suprised and saw the rest of a small, brown, fluffy kitten as it came out from behind the wall. It sniffed around for a while before hesitantly walking on top of Camilo's head and resting on his back. It turned around a few times, trying to find a comfortable position but then moved to his ruana.

It postured itself in between his arm and chest as he was lying on his side. One of his arms was curled up on the ledge and was a perfect spot for the kitten.

Spinning around a few times and then lying down, digging its head into his arm as it began to fall asleep as well.

Now this was cute.

I stood there for a while longer, observing the two sleeping creatures but then Camilo started to move around.

He moved his hand slightly and the cat meowed at the sudden movement.