𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟪

Camilo

Camilo.

A man...or should I say boy, of many wonders.

Granted the gift of shapeshifting when he was young. All the years of growing up with such a gift has, surprisingly, only made it harder.

Harder to deal with the concept of self worth and the value of identity.

He never truly knew who he was.

But at the moment, he didn't care.  He would continue to change his personality wherever he was. To fit it to what other people liked, whether he was at home, being a sweet, cheeky, little helper.

Or doing his chores in the village, when he was a kind, helpful and generous boy.

Or at school, when he was a goofy, outgoing, funny kid, who they all loved and adored.

Surely, God put him on this earth, with a gift, to bless others. Not just himself.

His worth isn't who he is but what he does. He's not Camilo Madrigal...he's the both who shapeshifts. The boy who brings a smile to everyone's face...

And he was okay with that.
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
Camilo's POV
I got out of bed, my body barely awake and tired as I moved into the bathroom.

Looking at my hair scattered everywhere and dark eye bags framing my face, I splashed a handful of water on myself.

Sneaking into the kitchen and grabbing a bit of the breakfast that Julieta had already made, ready for the morning and eating it quickly.

It woke me up a bit and gave me energy and I walked back to my room to get changed into my school uniform. I tried my best to tame my curly nest of hair and then went downstairs where everyone else was.

"Buenos dias querido (Morning dear)." Mamá looked at me and gestured for me to sit at the table with everyone.

"Morning mamá." I smiled and went over to her first and she cupped my face, giving me a kiss on the head.

"You ok Cami?" Delores asked quietly, turning to me at the table. I smiled and nodded, see, we didn't bicker all the time.

~~~

I entered through the gate with Mirabel, she gave me a wave before I went over to my "friends".

Sitting with them as they talked about lame things...like beyblades.

Nuh, Jokes...

But boring stuff, like school, what we're doing on the weekend, what they want for Christmas...

blah,blah,blah

My attention turned to the girl under a tree. Back pressed against it as she spread her legs out and crossed them in front of her and continued reading.