𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟤

I woke up earlier than I usually do

I woke up earlier than I usually do. Feeling happier for some reason.

Looking at the stuffed elephant that was sitting on my bedside table, I smiled, replaying the scene that happened last night.

I got changed and went down for breakfast. I guess, Abuela had gone out to the markets, for early bargains because, one, that's like her favourite thing ever...and two, there was a note on the table that said exactly that.

I decided to grab some bread and put it in the toaster and then waited as more of my siblings made there way downstairs.

After everyone got ready, Maria and Miguel took Andrew and Tate to the markets as well and Pá took the rest of us to school.

Hopping out of the van, I said goodbye to Pá and also my siblings, who went over to their friends.

I walked over and saw Madelyn and Rosie waving over at me, while they sat under the tree.

I ran over with a grin and sat down with them.

"Hey Anita!" Rosie exclaimed and I smiled.

"Oh, guess what I saw yesterday?!" Madelyn said with a grin, moving slightly closer to us, hinting that it was a secret.

I raised an eyebrow in amusement and she whispered to us, "I saw Manuel and Mirabel walking together through the markets the other day!" She grinned and I was shocked.

"No way!"

"Wait, so does that mean you're over my brother?" I asked and chuckled.

She laughed and nodded, "Finally! It was getting boring listening to you talk about him all the time!" Rosie let out a big sigh and laughed.

I looked to the side to see Mirabel had arrived, she waved at me and then got distracted when Manuel ran up to her and started talking to her about something.

I gestured them both over and Manuel rolled his eyes. I mouthed a sorry and they walked over and sat wth us under the tree.

"You know who else I saw though? Your older brother, Miguel, I think." My jaw dropped, he was like way older, "Now, he, is guapo (handsome)!" She said and fanned her face.

"Eww, yuck!" I made a gagging motion and she playfully shoved me.

"How was the markets Mirabel?" I turned to her and she looked confused and furrowed her brows. "You know, with Manuel." Both their faces instantly flushed red and they looked downwards.