𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟩

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

BANG!

My eyes snapped open as I heard pots and pans clashing together.

It was an early Monday morning as I rubbed my eyes and slithered out of bed. My feet still half asleep as I dragged myself over to my drawers.

Lazily opening it, I grabbed out the uniform that Abuela had gotten for us. Consisting of two sets, one was formal and the other was sport.

There was a winter uniform that had a plaid skirt, white buttoned shirt and a vest on top with calf-length black socks and plain black shoes.

The summer formal was a plaid dress with a white shirt underneath and white calf-length socks with the same shoes.

Since it was summer, I decided to put on the dress and shirt, the length of it finishing just a few centimetres above my knee.

I tied my curly hair loosely, with a white patterned scarf, into a messy bun, with ringlets of my hair falling out loosely.

I also pared my outfit with some earrings and two layered necklaces so it wouldn't be too visible.

I went to the bathroom to wash my face. More acne had formed across my cheeks and forehead because of the very little face washing I had done since we moved.

Quickly moisturising my face and then putting on lipgloss, I was ready.

Grabbing my patterned bag, I jogged down stairs, almost fully awake because of the adrenaline pumping through me.

"Buenos días (Good morning) Abuela. Buenos días papá." I greeted and sat at the table for breakfast. Quickly shoving down my food, then all going to the van and Pá drove off so we wouldn't be late.

Carlos, Manuel, Bee and I all went to school. It was a mix between both high school and primary school, and because Tate and Andrew were so young, they stayed at home with Miguel and Maria to help clean, look after Ana and do chores while we were out.

Carlos was in sixth grade and Bianca in eleventh. I was glad, for once, to have so many siblings, because at least, if I didn't make any friends, I would have people to hang out with during breaks.

As we spiralled around we got a look at the school. It was half two story and half one story but very long. A front section with grass and lots of students playing. Around was a few activities and the classrooms and building forming a border around it. On the side there was a gate that had a path leading to a bigger outside grassed area for breaks, tables and chairs lying across the grass.

It looked quite colourful and bright compared to other schools I had seen.

A smile painted my face as we hopped out and went to a lady, who talked to us about where to go and what classes and teachers we had.