❤12❤

SUHANI

SUHANI

"I am so happy! " Mom said stuffing 'Barfi' in my mouth.

While Dad and beeji were performing Zumba. Veer Ji and Vaidehi stood in the corner, their jaw hanging to the ground. They were finding it hard to digest Beeji's words, "Suhani and Veer liked each other. I am making them marry as soon as possible". She squealed happily.

They didn't even let me say a word, turn by turn they kept stuffing sweets in my mouth.

Never mind! I will make them understand tomorrow.

I went behind Vaidehi who refused to look at me.

" Vai" I called her out but she turned her head away from me, fuming.

"Vai, listen to me" I tried hard to make her understand my situation but she refused to listen to me.

"What should I listen to you? Veer? Like really? Suhani, I would have been happy even if you were marrying a teddy bear but that Veer? I hate him and you too did you forget? He hurt you so much and now you are marrying him. I will break all his bones. The hell I am letting you marry that stupid frog... How can you Suha? You like him? I can't believe it. You were crying so much because of him. It's all his fault. Where is my hockey stick, get it here, first I will beat you then him... You people...

"Calm down Vai. Please calm down " I took out her fist from her mouth which she was biting in anger.
She shot me a deadly glare. She was breathing fire, it felt like she would burn me down.

I gulped my saliva before saying, "I don't like him, Vai, trust me. Beeji misunderstood the situation" I quickly said passing a glass of water to her.

"Are you saying the truth? " She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I swear on your dhokla" I made the most innocent face I could at that moment.

"Fine! Listen to me marry anyone you like but just DON'T. MARRY. HIM"

I nodded and left her room, letting her sleep.

I needed some time for myself.

*
With a shawl wrapped around my shoulders, I sat under the moonlight on the terrace. Gone were the times when nights scared me now it gave me peace. I would let my heart out and it listened without interrupting me. While the moon gave me hope that one day it will be better. One day I will be at much-needed peace. The havoc of my heart will calm down one day.

I was so busy gazing at the moon that I never realized when a hand cooed my head. I angled my head, snuggling into the warmth.

"Suhani puttar" Beeji sat beside me caressing my head.

[Suhani Child]

Without saying anything I just put my head in her lap. "Are you nervous? " She asked putting the hair strands behind my ear.