❤17❤

SUHANI

SUHANI

"Aww Jeeju loves you so much" Mehar looked at my Mehendi, adorning my hands.

It is believed that the darker the Mehendi colour deeper the husband loves his wife.

I smiled sadly looking at my Mehendi. The colour appeared as dark as burgundy but I know my to-be husband is never going to love me.

"Suhani let's go it's time for Haldi now"  Mehar and Sehar both the twin sisters dragged me out of my room and made me sit on the stage set up.

"Anmol will be here in a few minutes till then arrange the other things on the plate" Mumma screamed at Dad who was arranging flowers on the Golden looking plate.

Anmol, My husband's brother was coming to deliver the "joothi Haldi" to my husband because that's the ritual.

I simply kept on sitting there dwelling over our past. what went wrong suddenly when everything was going so smoothly. Was everything always a lie and I was so stupid to think it was all true? What did he get doing all this?

"Meri Soni Kudi" Mumma caressed my hair applying Haldi on my cheeks. I smiled at her excited form. Dad joined her, he looked emotional but caressed my head giving me a charming smile. I held both of their hands.  "I love you both" I kissed their hands, their eyes welled up and they embraced me.

Turn by turn everyone kept on applying the turmeric paste to me. Vaidehi too came with a poker face but I could easily see her watery eyes. I felt guilty for spoiling her always chirpy behaviour. I shouldn't have slapped her. "Vai...I " I tried to speak but she made it quick and ran to the other corner without glancing at me. I  sighed dejectedly. I messed up real bad.

****
I went to Vaidehi's room to find her packing her stuff.

Is she so hurt that she is planning to leave the house?
My heart froze at the possibility. I should not have done that. Why was I so mad. It's all because of me.

I ran to her and engulfed her in a back hug "Vaidehi please don't leave the house because of me", my eyes started pouring like a waterfall.

She tried to wriggle out of my hug but I kept on clinging to her," Please don't leave me. if you go I will also come with you. You don't want me to get married to Veer right? Fine I won't marry him but please don't leave me " I sounded desperate but I didn't care. She is someone who has always been with me  I won't ever let her go. At least not by fighting with her when she was doing nothing but being worried for me.
"I am sorry Vai...I am sorry. Please don't go like this"

"Suhani I am not going because you said or did something. I am just going because I want to. It's been so long since I am staying here just like that. Now that I have completed my education, I have a job I don't want to burden you anymore. I want to stay with my parents, " she said softly I would have missed hearing her if I did not stand so close to her.