❤️16❤

VEER

VEER

"May God bless my son and his wife with a long life of togetherness and always keep them happy!"

Dadu put the yellow paste on my face then arms and then legs.

I can't believe I am sitting for Haldi Ceremony and we will be married Tomorrow. I am yet to believe that all of this is happening for real. During these two weeks, we hardly talked anything. There was nothing to talk anyways.

About shopping? All the family members were so excited about this wedding that they even forgot to ask about our choice of clothes or any of the celebrations. They did everything that pleased them. Not that I complain. If they would have asked me for my opinion I would have left it to them to decide and they were already doing it the first time without bothering about my reaction.

Sakshi was all jumping and giggling around the house as soon as she got to know that I was getting married to her gynaecologist. She was found dancing with my little nephew every second. According to Sakshi, she noticed some "spark" between us when we met the first time in the hospital. Little did she know. It was not the first time. We had so much between us. So much so that it's painful to remember those moments. Those happy moments of us.

"Veer" Suhani screamed as she ran behind me to give me a lesson.

I stole her favourite pink and yellow  Scarf and was running in the park saving myself from getting caught by her.

While Aarav, Raina and Vaidehi sat on the bench eating their kulfi and watching us running like Tom and jerry.

"Help me, traitors"  she fumed at them but they didn't bother to give her any attention. As a chuckle escaped my mouth she snapped her head glaring at me. I stifled my laugh getting scared of her angry form although she looked cute with her angry red face and arms crossed around her chest. With her height of 5'2, she actually looked like jerry.

She was ignoring me for almost a week. She didn't dare to even glance at me since we shared that little moment in the park. She was so nervous and hesitant around me that her hands would start shivering. Every time I tried to talk to her she would run away giving one or another excuse. Even our group started doubting if there was something between us but I shrugged covering up that we had a small fight. Vaidehi seemed overjoyed at the news and started stuffing her mouth with more and more Dhokla. She didn't even try to sympathise with me. She always disliked me. Huh!

As for that little peck, I was over the moon when I realised that her soft petals caressed my skin, my insides were churning repeating the same scene in front of me again and again. Suddenly the world around me felt so light and so happy. There was a pink glow in the sky. With each passing second, my heart was beating like a drum.
She kissed me. She. freaking. kissed me.

I didn't even know when something warm started crawling upwards towards my neck and ear. It felt like I had grown wings and would start flying.

Before I could even glance at her she ran away saying something which I could not hear properly.

If those butterflies got her so excited I won't mind opening a Mehendi tattoo shop for her. Only for her. Being her personal tattoo maker.

She was avoiding me like a plague so I decided to steal her scarf to get her to talk to me And the good news was it was working. She was running behind me to get her scarf back. And for the first time, her friends were siding with me including Vaidehi. There was a small voice in me that was screaming that they were doing it for ice cream and not me but I decided to ignore it.

"Veer stop " she sat down on the ground panting and I too stopped glimpsing at her. She was seriously tired. I instantly went to her and offered her a water bottle from my bag. She drank the water glaring at me to which I gave her a sheepish smile.

She sat there assembling herself. "Your scarf" I put it before her, she looked at me and then at her scarf as she moved to pick it up I slipped it towards me. She looked away annoyed."Promise me you will never ignore me " I stated stubbornly, she looked at me as she heard the gravity in my voice. " Promise me Suhani that no matter whatever happens between us we will always be friends. " She nodded her head smiling at me and I gave her scarf back to her.

"It was so tough to not talk to you. How did you do it? You heartless woman "  I complained but she just laughed it off. And again I was lost in her precious smile. I was again lost in her. Little did she know I was dreaming of her being my wife. I was dreaming of us getting married.

How stupid and childish I was then.

"All good?" Anmol sat beside me after applying the paste to me.

"Yeah" I fake smiled at him but my brother knows me too well.

"You look like a thrashed kitten. Don't give me that fake smile ever again"  he said cringing at my face.

"You are thinking of her?" I sighed at his anticipation. He knew there was a girl in my life but didn't know it was Suhani.

"Veer, all I can say is that it was past. If you will keep holding onto it you will never be able to live your present and future. Forgive that girl whatever she has done consider it her childishness. If she would have been mature enough she would have never done that. Forgive her for yourself and let her go. Life is giving you a chance. Give Suhani all that she deserves as a wife from you. Respect her and love her. Don't drown yourself in the past it will be unfair to Suhani. Take this chance and cherish it" he patted my back.

I nodded at him trying to process his words while he joined the group dancing to the beats.

Will I ever be able to forgive her?

A second chance?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Editor:- its_chahat_here ❤✨

Thanks for reading❤️.