❤31❤

SUHANI

SUHANI

What did I do?

How could I?

In spite of knowing what a cunning man Samrat was I fell into his trap.

I hated Veer for nothing all these years.

All these years I was burning my heart for nothing?

I cursed Veer... I questioned his charater.
How could I?

How could I fall that low? I called his Sister-in-law his mistress... I can never forget that.

When I knew she was his Sister I was ashamed of myself.

And now I am too much ashamed to even face him.

I called him a cheater... How did I forgot that I loved him? Was this my love?... Not trusting him and degrading his character?

How could I? I am disappointed in myself.

I quickly grabbed the luggage and walked out of the room. I couldn't face him.

What an irony I was walking out because  he questioned my character but didn't I too questioned his character?

Why was I so insecure at that time? It ruined so many precious years...

My steps felt heavy... I couldn't drag myself... My head was spinning... Everything was revolving in my head... Me and Veer... Falling for Samrat's words... And wasting my years hating Veer.

"Suhani dear, are you going somewhere? " I heard Dadu's voice from behind.

Wiping my tears  I turned around, "Dadu I am missing Mumma Papa, and Beeji...so I want to meet them...umm can I go ?"

"My dear child, you don't need anyone's permission to go anywhere. You can wherever you wish to but why are you going alone? where is my good-for-nothing Grandson? And why are looking so gloomy? Everything is good right?" Dadu caressed my head worried.

" Yes Dadu, Everything is fine. I was having a headache and missing Beeji. Now I am fine and Veer is busy... I can go myself don't worry"  I fake smiled at him... Although he didn't seem to buy my excuse but let it go.

"Fine Child but remember if Veer troubles you just let me know I will break his bones " He patted my head showering his blessings and I left the house smiling at him.

During the whole ride, I could only imagine Veer's accusing eyes at me.
He will never forgive me.

I reached home to be greeted by Beeji. As it was a weekday, I expected everyone to be at their workplace. I could hear loud music being played behind her back. As soon as she saw me her face lightened up. She crushed me in her arms telling me, again and again, how much she missed me.

My eyes welled up again.

"I missed you too" I hugged her back.

"Is everything fine? She cupped my face looking at my unstoppable tears.

I nodded at her and she pulled me into a hug again taking me inside with her.

"Now tell me what do you want to eat?  " She was caressing my head lovingly, I shook my head at her telling her that I just wanted to rest a little.

She already sensed my gloomy mood and let it go. I was grateful for having an understanding family.

The whole day the turns of events were playing in my mind on loop. I was drowning in guilt. Only if I would have not believed Samrat's words that time. Only if I would have talked to Veer and hadn't run away. Maybe all of this could have been avoided.

More than my past self I am ashamed of my present self, how low I got with my words. In order to hurt him like he did as I thought, I hurted him with my vile words. How could I? And I claimed to love that person?

*

"I missed you Suhani" He came towards me... His eyes were shining with tears... "I am sorry Veer" My eyes were too pouring.
He encircled his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest. "I don't like when you cry... Soniye" He kissed my hair lovingly. 

I tightened my grip on him but he was going away... "Veer... Veer" I kept shouting but he was dissapearing.

"Suha...Veer is here... Get up" I jolted up registering the words.

Veer? he is here.

I got up to run towards the door but my legs entangled making me fall on the ground with a thud. My eyes widened looking at the surrounding , I was in my room.

"He is not here?" She shook her head in no.

I was dreaming of him. What was I even expecting? him to be here even after the hurtful things I said to him?

"Suha... Are you hurt... Shit! Sorry. You were not waking up... I just...I am sorry" Vaidehi was continously blabbering while helping me to get up.

"It's okay Vaidehi" I sat on the bed and gulped down the water placed on the side table.

"Is your back paining... Let me get you an ointment" She pulled out the first-aid box from the drawer and applied the pain relief on my back.

"I am fine now vaidehi... Don't worry"

"What's wrong Suha? " She asked taking me off guard.

"No... Nothing is wrong Vaidehi. Why do you ask? "

"Your face is telling me a different story and Moreover you are not calling me Vai... You are calling me Vaidehi... You do this when you are angry or sad... Now like a good girl tell me what happened. "  She presented her thesis and I was left speechless.

She knows me too well for me to lie.

"Did that frog again do something... He needs some thrashing... Where is my cricket bat? " She was fuming looking for a cricket bat when I didn't answer her.

"No Vai... It's not him... It's me. " I said feeling remorseful.

"Suha... " She sat beside me looking confused.

" I judged him wrong Vai... It was all a misunderstanding"  I cried keeping my head on her lap.

I told her everything... From start to end... And how wrong I was.

"Why didn't you tell me about your's and Samrat's conversation. Why didn't you tell me about him blackmailing you " She cried with me.

"It was not your fault Vai"

" It was Suhani... Only if I would have stayed away from Samrat... Only if I would have trusted your words... I am sorry Suha... I am sorry... Because of me and Samrat you guys were suffering from so many years and I have this audacity to call Veer names. "

She was not meeting my eyes and I chose to stay quiet.

The night went in feeling regret for judging Veer so wrong.

Only if I had a chance to go back in past and change it...

Only if...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Editor :- its_chahat_here❤✨

Next update :- Thursday

Thanks for reading❤.