❤️22❤️

VEER

VEER

"Are you ready? " I asked knocking on my room door.

"Just five minutes" Here we go again. For the last half an hour I am asking if she is ready or not and every time she says the same thing 'Five minutes'.
If she needs more time she can gladly take but at least she can tell me she will be needing more time instead of giving me this lollipop of damn five minutes.

I huffed in annoyance and sat on the chair outside waiting for her.

Everyone in her family is so sweet except her scary brother and dhokla friend, I don't know whom my witch of a wife has taken after.

You were excited to get married right? Now deal with the shit.

Just shut up that was my immature self who was all horses for getting married.

I would have taken my laptop with me only if I knew it was going to take so much time for her. My family has already reached the venue. It was just two of us left.
I had no other choice than to stare at the beautiful white wall of my house to kill the time.

It was more than five minutes now and I decided to knock on the door. Although I was pretty sure of the answer I still dared to get up and walk myself to the door. I lifted my hand to knock when the door opened revealing a magnificent Suhani.

She... She... She was looking enchanting in the blue gown that had golden work on it. She was not looking less than a Queen. She blinked innocently looking at me and I was gone. My hands were itching to snake around her waist. She didn't tell me she would look this gorgeous when she told me she will need more five minutes every time. Now I feel it was worth waiting for her.
"Sorry for making you wait" She uttered and my gaze slid down to her lips from her eyes. The luscious pink lips were making it hard for me to control myself. The urge to just squeeze her body in mine was making me go crazy.

No... No... Behave yourself Veer you can't scare her.

Pulling myself mercilessly out of a daze, I gave her a curt nod and walked to my car.

She followed behind walking gracefully holding her gown, I opened the door for her and she thanked me before taking her seat.

Even with the AC on it was hot inside the car. There was only silence in the car and tension in the air. I drove speedily as much as I could to reach the venue faster. She was fidgeting with her fingers and nervously looking out the window. The drive was awkward for both of us.

As soon as we reached the Venue, I jumped out of the car and breathe in relief. I helped her out and we entered the venue.

Our family welcomed us with loud cheers and made us sit on the sofa kept on the stage.

And then it started again. The existence of relatives I didn't even know of came and showered us with blessings and gifts. I was smiling like a clown throughout the show. My cheeks hurt because of smiling, my back hurt from sitting so long and my eyes were almost blind due to raining pictures. I looked at her she too looked tired but of course, kept her happy mask before everyone. I just wanted the function to end as soon as possible. Argh! When I say I hate parties and functions, I really mean it.
I am never going to marry again.