❤18❤

VEER

VEER

With every slow step, I was getting close to a new phase of my life. I didn't know what I was feeling happy or sad...but my heart was on a racing spree that was sure.
I was standing at the entrance of the same Gurudwara where our memories lie. Where we met for the first time. And today we are going to be husband and wife in the same Golden Temple.

As I heard the commotion, I looked towards where most of the people were already looking whispering among themselves. There She was walking gracefully lifting her lehenga in both her hands.  Did I mention how Breathtaking she looked? Ethereal.

She looked nervous about her surrounding, probably she was too overwhelmed with so many people around her. Her hands were shivering, and Beeji squeezed her hand giving her an encouraging smile. She gave a small smile back to her and again looked at the ground.
Her brother joined them wrapping his arm around her shoulder. He whispered something in her ears to which she instantly looked up and started walking straight. I wonder what this overprotective brother of hers whispered. Yes! Over protective. The day we got engaged, he called me and threatened me that I should never trouble his sister. If she cried because of me he will punch me in my guts. He asked me to back out right then if I loved someone else. He went on to find out about my past girlfriends which never existed. Yesterday night he again called me reminding about the same. And don't even ask about his glares which he keeps throwing at me whenever he sees me.

I was already sitting before Guru Granth Sahib Ji, She was asked to take her place on my left.

And with everyone's consent, our Anand Karaj began...

Hymns were sung... everyone looked happy...

Her dad placed one end of a red scarf on my shoulder and one in her hands

They made us stand and it was time for lava( phere)

I was ahead and she followed me...I don't know if this marriage will work, but I believe in Babaji...These rituals these emotions all this happiness in our family is pure and that is everything for me...I will give my full devotion to it... whatever may come.

In the next two pheras, I  followed her

We completed our four pheras.

After each phera we bow down in front of Babaji to seek his blessings, Accidentally my hand touched her hand and that was the first time we looked into the eyes of each other during the whole ceremony.

As our eyes met at that instant Babaji said " tussi dovaan di jodi sada bani rahe"...and they showered flowers on us .

We did Ardaas to hold each other's hand from this day till our last day In...
Sickness and health

In poor and rich ...

In good or bad ...

to love and cherish
And respect each other 

till our last Breath.

Everyone did Ardas...hymns were again sung...everyone cheered and gave us blessings.

With so much happiness and joy in the air our wedding ceremony ended. Our families encircled us feeding us one or the other sweet.

Every time her Kaalerein jiggled it made me realize she was now Mrs. Veer Malhotra. I am hers and she is mine. We promised each other in front of Waheguru Ji.

I have no clue how this is going to work.
*
We were called to distribute the langer to all the visitors of Gurudwara.

Offering food and water to someone be it a human or animal is the holiest thing on this earth. It feels great to be the messenger of Waheguru Ji and distribute food to people. It gives an unknown peace, an unknown satisfaction which not even the most luxurious thing can give.

People blessed us with a smile on their faces. They wished for our long happy married life.

Are we going to be good partners? Can I ever forget what all happened years ago? Maybe that was just immaturity as Anmol says.
Waheguru Ji show me the right path. I don't know what I am supposed to do now.

*
Her parents hugged her close to their hearts as they tried to fight their tears.
Her whole family looked gloomy. She was loved by all. They were giving me their piece of heart. I may not be able to forgive her but I will forever take care of her. They are giving me their precious daughter I owe them her happiness at least.

Saurabh and Vaidehi kept on glaring at me teary-eyed as her father and Beeji made her sit in the car.

"I will take care of her"  I whispered to both of them.

"You better otherwise I will break you," both of them said at the same time huffing.

I smiled at their care. Even I did all of it when Sakshi and Anmol were getting married.

I nodded my head and went on to touch the feet of Beeji and Her parents to seek their blessings. They blessed me wholeheartedly and made me sit in the car.

We bid adieu to them. As the car kept on moving I could hear her faint sniffs. I offered her a tissue box which she accepted quickly.

I felt my heart tingle as soon as her kaleerein made a soothing jiggling sound. It again reminded me she is going to live with me, in my room, as my wife.

I took in a deep breath to calm my senses. The realization was hitting hard. How was I supposed to behave? What was I supposed to do? Should I tell her I am giving her a second chance or shall I let her ask me? Does she also remember everything or is it me only?

Veer Calm down. Save the later talks for later. Just relax. Waheguru Ji will show you the right path. Just trust him. Don't think too much.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Editor :- its_chahat_here ❤✨

Anand Karaj

Thanks for reading❤

Thanks for reading❤.