Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"I can't believe you managed to get detentions for a week," Chloe said after taking the last bite of her cheeseburger.

"And on your first day," Taylor added.

"And from Mr.Romano!" Abby said. "He's usually very chill. He's one of the more lenient teachers."

I shrugged my shoulders like it was no big deal, but inside I was very excited. I was more than happy to have these detentions. It would give Mr.Romano and I some...bonding time.

"Puh-lease," Braden huffed. "You guys act like she's all badass just for getting a few detentions."

"Mad that I stole your rebel title?" I teased.

"Of course not!" Braden said. "You currently have no rebel title and you'll never take mine because you are no rebel. You're just a good girl in an extremely hot bad girl's body."

I smirked at that. "Hmm...an extremely hot bad girl's body?"

"Yes," he admitted, somewhat embarrasedly.

"I'll have to remember that."

"Whatever."

"For blackmail purposes of course," I smiled evilly.

Braden suddenly looked uncomfortable.

"I hope he doesn't pop his top," Abby said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Look at what you're wearing!" Chloe shouted.

I looked down at myself. I had on a black stretch-silk strapless corset, a black blazer, a black and cream geometric jacquard mini skirt, and high-heeled black suede ankle boots with a buckle-strap design.

"I'm surprised you didn't get dress code," Taylor said.

"They never really give out referrals for dress code," Braden told him.

"Well," Abby interjected, "it's not like they have to. People don't dress like that," she pointed to me, "everyday. They don't dress half that sexy everyday."

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I asked, already knowing what they would say.

"It's a little out there," Chloe said sheepishly.

"It is SO sexy!" Taylor exclaimed.

Chloe kicked Taylor under the table and I laughed.

"It's okay," I said, still laughing. "What's wrong with a little sex appeal every now and then?"

"Nothing, I guess," Chloe said.

"You don't see it very often," Braden said. "So I'm glad you're here to liven things up a bit."

"You don't have to suck up to me, Braden," I said, chucking a french fry at him. "You're not getting in my pants."

Everyone laughed and then the bell rang. We all walked to the garbage and emptied our trays, ready to go our separate ways.

"Just watch," Braden whispered in my ear.

"Watch what?" I asked, turning to face him.

"By the end of the year, you will be mine." He winked and walked off to class.

I chuckled to myself. Silly, silly boy. I didn't want to see Mr.Romano just yet. I'd wait to see him until detention.

I walked out of school - they have really low security, to the point where it's actually kind of sad and pathetic - and hopped in my car. I didn't eat lunch because I wasn't hungry, but now I was starving. I peeled out of the parking lot and headed off to McDonald's. I arrived shortly and the line inside wasn't too long. I got out of my car and walked inside.