Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"I have a bet," Chloe told me through the phone.

"What kind of bet?" I asked.

"You haven't gotten dressed for school yet, right?"

I looked down at my still wet, underwear-clad body. "Nope, I just took a shower."

"Okay, good."

"What's the bet?"

"You have to dress smart for the whole week."

"What do you mean dress smart?"

"You know, smart. No too tight or too revealing clothes, no extra high heels. Stuff like that."

"What happens if I win?"

"If you win Abby and I have to come to school dressed in only our bra and underwear with a coat over it for two days."

"And?"

"And...um, and we have to perform an embarrasing dare of your choice."

"And if I lose?"

"You have to take a shot of vinegar and let Abby and I do your hair with honey and a few ants."

I thought about this for a moment. "This whole week? Including today?"

"Yep!"

"I'm offended, I can't believe you don't think I can't wear super high heels and tight clothes for a week. It's insulting."

"Really?"

"Nahh, that's a compiment."

She chuckled. "So, are you in?"

I smiled to myself. "I'm in. See you soon."

I hung up the phone and marched to my closet with a purpose. I wasn't sure if I really had anything that was acceptable for the dare. I picked through my closet for a few minutes, and got dressed.

I admired myself in my full length three-way mirror. I had to admit, I was still smoking hot. My hair was cascading down my back in waves and my make-up was fresh and light. I was wearing a black Roland Mouret stretch-crepe dress with pleated shoulders and black Bloch suede ballerina flats. I accessorized it with 14-karat gold Anita Ko pyramid stud earrings and an oak buffalo-leather Mulberry satchel.

I could definitely pull this off for a week.

***

"One day down, four to go," I said as I sat down to the lunch table.

"Exactly," Chloe said. "You have four chances to mess up."

"I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you."

"I wouldn't be so cocky if I were you."

"Good thing you're not me because I am extremely cocky."

"Good thing I'm here to break you out of your mold."

"Oh puh-lease. I'll have you wishing you never made me step out of my five inch Louboutins."

"I'll be waiting."

"Ninety-six hours is a long wait."

"I can make it."

"We'll see. Only another ninety-five hours and fifty-nine mintues to go."

"Cat fight!" Taylor interjected, earning a chuckle from everyone at the table.

"Just a friendly bet," I said with a smile.

"Does it involve anyone taking off their clothes?" Braden asked, suddenly interested.

"Something of that sort," I told him.