Chapter Forty-Four

Chapter Forty-Four

I stared at the clock on the wall.

Nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two...

The bell rang and the entire class, including the teacher, erupted into cheers and laughter.

I scooped up my bag and grinned. "We're outta here, BITCHESSS!!!" I shouted, throwing my arms up in the air. "Let's get the hell out of here!"

Abby, Chloe, and I linked our arms together and marched out of the gym.

Out in the hallway the Seniors were going crazy. Music was blaring from somewhere, confetti was flying around, balloons were bouncing off the wall, and people were shouting and laughing everywhere.

"Finally," I breathed to the girls.

After taking our time in the hallway we eventually ambled outside into the parking lot, which was just as full of life as the inside of the school. The air buzzed with excitement and smelled like freedom.

"We are done!" Chloe smiled, her eyes filled with happiness.

"Tell me about it!"

Suddenly there was a weird sound and all three of us were being sprayed with silly string. We turned around to Braden and Taylor standing there, both covered in silly string themselves and brandishing bottles of it.

My bright pink Spendid tank top that nearly completely covered too-short, obviously out of dress code floral printed Aubin and Willis shorts were covered in silly string.

Me and the girls looked at each other.

"It's on now," we all said simultaneously.

The boys took off as we grabbed silly string from a bucket a raven-haired junior was holding out.

I sprinted towards them, spraying anybody that got in my way. Chloe and Abby had taken on Taylor and I was currently chasing Braden around a group of three freshmen. After accidentally spraying two of them in the eye Braden ran behind an old Chevy Tahoe.

"Come out, come out wherever you are," I sang from the opposite side.

"Never," he answered, out of breath.

I silently dropped to my knees, rolled under the truck, and popped out on the other side.

"Gotcha," I smiled, spraying him as he stood there in shock.

"Ahh!" he yelled, as a little seeped in his eye.

I kicked him softly behind his knees and he dropped to the floor, clutching his eye.

I laughed maniacally and continued to spray him.

After about thirty seconds my bottles sputtered and spit out their last little bit of string. I gaped at the bottles as they emitted stinky air.

I shook them frantically as Braden opened his eyes. I made eye contact with him before bolting around the Tahoe.

"Look who's running now!" he shouted, quickly gaining on me.

"Help me!" I shouted as I passed Abby and Chloe. They had Taylor cornered behind a sophomore. Too into their quest they didn't hear me.

"I'm gonna get you!" Braden yelled.

"Nooo!" I laughed grabbing the next person I saw.

They laughed, their blonde hair swinging, as I hid behind them and dodged Braden's silly string.

"Stop moving!" he said frustratedly.

"Never!" I copied him, holding onto the blonde and running around them for cover.