Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

"Finally," I breathed, as I stepped out of the black Town Car.

I tightened my grip on my beige Miu Miu taupe linen tote with fringed trim. I took my first step toward my house as ignored the chauffeur as he eyed me inconspicuously, feeling confident in my white Kain tank top, Acne lightweight denim affect shorts, long skinny black leather Michael Kors belt, multicolored jaguar print silk and cotton-blend We Are Owls scarf, and black leather Chloe sandals.

I walked up the driveway and into the house nearly jumping for joy. I breathed in deeply, enjoying the familiar scent. I made my way to my room, setting my bag down on my bed.

"Surprise!" someone shouted.

I screamed, turned around, and punched them square in the nose. Suddenly Mallory, Dean, Taylor, Abby, and Chloe rushed out from all around the room, tending to the person on the floor. I looked closer to see it was Braden.

"Oops," I squeaked.

"Oops?" Braden asked, clutching as they helped him up. "You gave me a bloody nose!"

I was now aware of the blood oozing down his face."You gave me a mini heart attack! What was I supposed to do? Jump for joy? And don't get any of that on my floor!"

Everyone chuckled as Taylor led Braden to the bathroom.

"That's priceless," Mallory choked out into between hiccups. She was crying, she was laughing so hard.

"For a pretty girl you can really pack a punch," Chloe smiled.

"Thank you," I said, sitting down on my bed. "I took karate for and tae kwon do for a few years."

"Hot," Dean commented.

"How was your spring break?" Abby asked excitedly.

"It was great," I lied, smiling fakely.

"What'd you do?"

"Nothing really. Mostly we just hung out. Went out to a couple of clubs, went to the beach a few times. Anyway, what about you? How was your spring break?"

"You will never guess what we saw!" Abby and Chloe squealed at the same time.

"What? What'd you see?"

"Mr. Spinner...and Ms.Baker!" Mallory shouted.

"Mr. Spinner? With Ms. Baker?" I asked in disbelief.

"I know! We were shocked when we saw it too!"

"What? What'd you see?"

"Well, Abby, Chloe, and I decided to take a trip to Rincon Beach in Santa Barbara."

"Uh huh."

"We planned it out and everything but still got there later than we wanted to, right?"

"Right."

"We sat up all our stuff and we were about go boogie boarding until Chloe realized that she had to pee."

"So," Chloe interjected, "I went to the bathroom, but of course they wanted to come with. We went to the bathroom farthest from the crowds, thinking it'd be the cleanest least crowded. We thought we heard noises, but we weren't too sure, so we shrugged it off. I opened up the door to a stall, and who do I see?"

"Who else but Mr. Spinner and Ms. Baker having a full-on, crazy make-out session in the bathroom stall!" Abby yelled.

I stared at her wide-eyed, excited smiled with a blank face for a moment. And then I bursted out in laughter.