Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Get up," a voice ordered, throwing my comfy comforter to the floor.

"Noo," I groaned, rolling over a shielding the light with my eyes.

"Come on, it's almost five P.M., you bum!" they said. They pulled me up and smacked me lightly a few times in the face.

I opened my eyes slowly to see a very energetic Chloe staring at me.

"I'm up, I'm up," I grumbled, stumbling over to my bathroom.

I quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth, and took a shower. I wrapped myself up in a towel and stepped into my room. I grabbed a bra and a pair of panties from my underwear drawer.

"Just blindsight me!" Chloe exaggerated as she shielded her eyes with her hands as I slipped on my bra and underwear.

"Whatever," I said, grabbing some lotion and rubbing myself down. "Where are we going?"

"I don't know, but we're all meeting at Taylor's house. So wear something cute and maybe comfortable."

I walked into my closet and Chloe followed behind.

"Whoa," she said, mesmerized, as she took in all the clothes, shoes, bags, etc.

"Trust me," I told her. "This is nothing compared to my closet back home."

She walked around the room in awe feeling and touching every article of clothing in amazement.

"Ooh!" she squealed.

"What?" I asked, looking for something to wear.

She held up an Herve Ledger black and cream geometric jacquard effect bandage dress excitedly. "I saw this in a magazine the other day and thought it was absolutely amazing!"

I smirked. "Yeah, it's a pretty great dress. Would you want to borrow it?"

Her eyes widened in shock. "Really?"

"Yeah. You could keep it."

"I couldn't possibly. I mean it's Herve Ledger and it still has the tag on!"

"It's fine. Keep it."

She smiled excitedly. "Thank you so much!" She ran over to me and pulled me into an extremely tight hug.

"No problem, just let me breathe," I panted.

"Sorry," she smiled and looked at the dress like it was her child or something.

I rolled my eyes. "I really don't feel like gettin dressed or doing anything amazing."

"Just throw something on."

"Okay." I tossed on a sheer white T by Alexander Wang racerback tank, faded light blue IRO strect-denim micro shorts, and a pair Michael Kors flat, brown suede boots with tiered fringing. I slid a perforated Chloé tan leather bucket bag onto my shoulder and stuck a pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs gold-tone zip-pull stud earrings into my ears.

I spun around for Chloe. "What do you think?" I asked.

"Great," she smiled, clapping her hands together excitedly. "Let's go!" She walked out of the closet and out of my room, holding on to that dress for dear life.

I grabbed my phone and a pack of gum off my bedside table and stuck them in my bag. I grabbed a brush and quickly pulled it through my hair before following Chloe downstairs. I stopped by the kitchen before going outside and stuck my head in the fridge and grabbed a Coke.

"Come on!" Chloe yelled as I exited the house.

"Calm your titties!" I shouted back as I closed the French doors. I climbed into her white 2007 Toyota Camry. "What's even going on?"