Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

I rolled over and shuddered, shocked at the emptiness of the bed. I opened my eyes to see Alex sliding into a pair of khaki pants.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"What does it look like?" he teased with a smirk.

"You're getting dressed. And don't get snippy with me, Mister!" I said, climbing out of the bed and shaking my hands through my hair.

"Congrats!" he said sarcastically. He fastened the last few buttons on the pale blue dress shirt he just slid on.

I rolled my eyes, snatched the black he had from his hands, and put it across his neck. "Where I you going?" I frowned as I did his tie.

"School, duh!"

"What? We have school today?"

"It's Monday!"

Where did the weekend go? "Wow. Time really does fly when you're having fun."

He chuckled and gave me a peck. "You got that right."

I brought my lips back to his, not ready for him to leave yet. These past few days were just crazy and hectic and amazing and fun, I never wanted them to end. I didn't want to face reality.

I pulled away, my lips still tinglng from the kiss. "You wanna do something tonight?"

"I'd love to. How about takeout and a movie at my place?"

"Sounds great," I smiled. Anything was fine for me, as long as we were together and alone.

"Eight o' clock?"

"Whaaat? I can come to your house BEFORE ten P.M.? I'm shocked!"

He chuckled and then kissed the tip of my nose. "Of course. You're my girlfriend, aren't you?"

I blushed slightly and nuzzled into his chest to hide it from him. "I'm proud to say that I am," I mumbled into his chest.

"What?" he asked.

I pulled away. "I said, I'm loud to say that's ham."

He laughed and ruffled my hair, giving me a quick peck. "Whatever you say. See you in class," he said, picking up all his stuff.

"Remember, no googly eyes during school!"

"Yes, ma'am," he chuckled, exiting the room.

I headed to my bathroom and began humming giddily to myself. I showered and then washed and blow dried my hair. Wrapped up in a towel I made my way to closet. After lotioning up I got dressed in a Paul & Joe vibrant printed jersey style halternack dress that stopped about mid-thigh. I went back to my bathroom and decided to straighten my hair. I didn't do it too often because straightened hair often gets boring quickly when you wear it back to back to back. And when I did get it straightened I got it done professionally; but I decided to do it myself today. I'm a good hairstylist, if I do say so myself. I straightened my hair in a record time of only fifteen minutes and despite the short time it was perfect. But me blow-drying it first may have helped. I put a pair of small, gold studs in my ears and then slipped into a pair of Jimmy Choo camel leather studded clogs, embellished with gold studs and hand-appliquéd flowers. Don't worry, they weren't the ugly, wooden Swedish kind - they were high heels. I ran a tiny bit of hair wax through my hair before parting it down down the middle and brushing through it a few times. I tossed the keys for my Range Rover on my dresser I'n the key bowl and grabbed the keys for the Mercedes, deciding to do something a little different.

I grabbed my big, light tan leather Prada bag, and slung it over my shoulder as I posed in front on my full length mirrors.

I looked...different. In a good way. I was practically glowing.