Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"How does she do that?" I heard Chloe say as I neared the lunch table. She probably didn't realize I was within earshot.

"Who? And how do the do what?" Abby asked.

"Julianna! How does she look so good in everything!"

"I wish I knew."

"It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday!" I sang excitedly as I sat down to the table. Everyone said hello and Braden cringed at the song. "Happy Friday! How has your day been, Chloe?"

"Pretty good," she answered, taking a bite out of her apple.

"Lost any bets lately?"

She frowned knowingly. "No."

"Well, I'm changing that today!" I smiled, standing up and twirling around, showcasing my outfit. Today I was wearing an ivory sheer modal and silk-blend The Row T-shirt with a signature silk-chiffon stripe loosely tucked into a pair of tailored and cropped, black Theory work pants, a faded grey washed effect Smythe sharp-shouldered wool-crepe blazer with rolled up sleeves, black leather Miu Miu pumps, a 3.1 Phillip Lim convertible black canvas-coated leather bag, and a Yves Saint Laurent's silver-plated nugget ring. "And you may now scratch off day number five! I win!" I yelled as I sat down.

Chloe sighed in defeat. "Fine. You have officially won."

"Yay," I smiled to myself, tearing open a Twix. I took a big bite of one.

"I want some," Taylor said.

"Okay," I said, sticking the uneaten piece in my teeth. "Here you go."

He smiled playfully and reached over, grabbing the Twix with his teeth. "Thank you," he said, chomping down on it.

I giggled to myself. Braden shot both of us a look and then they immersed themself in some conversation about football.

"So," Chloe said, biting into her peanut butter and jelly sandwich. How she eats those things, are unknown to me. "What other dare do you want us to do?"

I pretended to think about it, sticking the other half of my Twix in my mouth. "I don't know. I'll have to think about it. I want to make it really, really good."

Abby groaned. "Don't make us streak through cafeteria during lunch time."

I smiled. "That's not such a bad idea."

Chloe shot her a death glare. "Why the hell would you suggest something like that?!"

Abby blushed. "I didn't mean to give her anything to consider."

"Well she's thinking about it now!"

"I didn't mean to put anything in her head!"

"Too late!"

"Ladies!" I shouted. "Relax. I'm not gonna make you do that, especially since it's already been revealed. I'll give you something equally horrifying and embarrassing, if not more."

Chloe crossed her arms.

"Do you need me to bring anything to the party?" I asked Chloe.

"Just yourself," she said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. You're brining pretty much half the guests."

I chuckled and looked at the second table to the left of us. "Hey, Landon!" I yelled.

He looked over quick, then smiled once he realized it was me. I waved my hand, motioning for him to come over.

"Hey," he said, blushing a little, once he reached the lunch table.