Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"Where have you been all day?" Chloe asked, rushing toward me as I walked into school.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You know what I mean! I've been texting you and you haven't replied!" she said anxiously. "You weren't at school all day except for the first half of first period, and even then you showed up twenty minutes late! And you have just now come back...and school was over ten minutes ago!"

I laughed. "Chill yourself, Chloe." God, what was wrong with this girl?

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm a little frantic, I know."

"No shit, Sherlock."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Julianna."

"Calm your titties. I didn't feel like coming to school today. I came and stayed while I could tolerate it and then I just left."

"Why?"

"Why not? I just wanted to go home, okay? Maybe I wasn't feeling a little well."

"Sure, whatever. Maybe Braden had what you had because he bailed at lunch."

I smiled guiltily.

"Chloe!" Braden yelled, running over.

"What are you doing here?" Chloe asked.

He held up the papers and folders in his hands. "Came to get the work I missed."

"Where were you?"

He looked around suspiciously. "Eh, I wasn't feeling too well."

I tried to stifle a laugh.

"Oh," Chloe said quietly. "Well maybe you and Julianna had the same bug."

"I guess," Braden said.

"Okay!" I bursted out with a chuckle. "I'm sorry, this is just so funny. Neither of us had a bug. I was bored and I asked him to come over."

Braden looked smug.

"Oh," Chloe said knowingly.

"No, no," I insisted. "It wasn't like that. We didn't have sex, if that's what you're thinking."

"Oh thank God," Chloe said relieved.

I laughed. "Yeah, only in his dreams. We just hung out in the jacuzzi. Maybe you can all come over to my place this weekend. Invite a couple friends, we can have a party."

Chloe's face brightened. "Really?"

"Yeah," I insisted. "Be threre at ten."

"Ten?" Chloe asked uncertaintly.

"Yeah, something wrong?"

Braden snorted. "Her curfew's at ten."

I giggled. "Seriously?"

She blushed and nodded embarrasedly.

"No problem," I told her. "You and Abby can stay over."

"Cool! I'll let her know," Chloe said excitedly. She waved at me as she exited the building.

I bursted out laughing. "I can't believer her curfew is ten!"

"I know right?" Braden seconded.

"Oh hush, your curfew is probably eleven."

"No. Actually it's eleven thirty."

I snorted. "Yeah, like that's a big difference. That's still the kiddie hour."