Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

The rest of the week flew by, and it was time for the weeked.

"Whoo!" Abby shouted.

Abby, Chloe, Braden, Taylor, Dean, Mallory, and myself were at my house, in the pool. Well they were in the pool, I was lounging by the pool.

"Finally the weekend is here!" Chloe shouted, thrusting her arms up in the air.

"I know!" Mallory shouted. "And it only took forever. Well, only three and a half more weeks until Spring Break."

"Where are you guys going?" I asked, slipping my gold metal-frame Ray Bans off my face.

"I'm visiting some family in Denver," Abby said.

"And we're just staying here," Braden said.

"Really?" I asked. "All of you?"

"Yes, and it sucks monkey balls!" Taylor exclaimed, splashing everyone in the pool.

I laughed. "Yes, that sucks major monkey balls."

"Where are you going for spring break?" Mallory asked.

I ran a hand through my hair and sat down my copy of Vogue. "Well last year I went to Cabo and the year before that I went Acapulco. I've gone to Cancun, Ibiza, South Padre Island, Nassau, and everywhere in between. I think this year I'm just going to go home."

"To Florida?"

"Yeah. It'll be good to take a breather and see everyone again."

"When are you leaving?"

"The first day of Spring Break."

"Well, hop on in this pool while you still have time!" Braden shouted.

Everyone hollered in agreement.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't think so. I have another three and a half weeks to go."

"Fine," Dean said. "I'll just throw you in." He hopped out of the pool and ran toward me.

"No!" I yelled, running from him. I giggled as I ran around the pool trying not to get caught in his grasp.

"Come on!" he shouted after me.

I silently apologized to my zigzag Missoni fine-knit triangle bikini, I prayed to God that it wouldn't turn sheer in the water. "Fine!" I shouted, and I jumped into the pool.

"Whoo!" Dean yelled jumping in right after me.

I surfaced above the water, flipping my hair back. Dean rose behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" he asked.

"Gosh, it was terrible!" I said.

He chuckled. "You know you're gonna miss me."

I turned around to face him. "More like you're gonna miss me."

"No argument there. Try not to miss me too much."

"Don't worry. I won't." I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I think your friend's jealous," Dean jerked his head at Braden. I looked over to see Braden sneaking envious glances at Dean and I as he chatted with the others.

I turned around and kissed Dean softly. "Let's spare the poor guy." I swam over to where the others were, with Dean close behind me.

"How about a game of Marco Polo?" I suggested.

"I'm in!" Taylor shouted.

"How about lunch?" Braden asked.

"Lunch after Marco Polo. And since you're so eager, you can be Marco," I winked at Braden.

He groaned, swam to the other end of the pool, and began to count.

***

"You smell good," Braden sang.

It was a little after eleven p.m. Everyone had gone home and now it was just Braden and I.

I swatted him playfully as I pulled my hair up into a ponytail. "Thanks, you smell just like me. Maybe I should stock up on some Axe bodywash for guys or something," I commented, pulling up the strap of my scarlet Juicy Couture crepe playsuit.

"Yes, you should. Because I don't enjoy smelling like a flower garden."

I giggled, giving him a soft kiss. "I think you smell nice."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. And I have to admit that you look deliciously hot in just that towel, even if it is peach coloured."

He smiled. "Well, only a real man could pull this off."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, tell yourself that if it makes you sleep better at night."

He chuckled, pulling me into his arms. "Looks like I'm sleeping good tonight."

I pulled the fluffy duvet up on top of us. "You better."

"Oh I will. Just tell me, is there anything going on with you and Dean? I don't like the look of that guy."

"Calm your balls, we're not dating and we haven't had sex."

He breathed a sigh of relief, "Oh thank God."

"Were you worried or something?"

"Pshh, of course not. Just surveying the competition is all."

I snorted, shutting off the light. "Trust me, he's the last guy you should be worrying about."

***

"So, what's on the agenda for today?" I asked. Chloe, Abby, and myself were at Chloe's house in her room. I sat down on her bed, smoothing down my pink long-sleeved Thakoon floral-print shirtdress and kicking off my metallic rose gold Brian Atwood platform pumps.

"Nothing," Chloe sighed, plopping down on her cheap, overstuffed comforter.

"You guys are boring."

"Thank you."

"So, what's going on with you and Dean?" Abby asked.

"Or rather, you and Braden," Chloe added, popping up.

I chuckled. "Calm your titties! There's nothing going on with either of them."

"That's BS!" Abby called. "We saw how you and Dean were acting with each other. Not to mention Braden threw him the evil eye and he stayed over your house last night."

"How do you know Braden stayed over last night?" I asked.

"A little birdie."

"You mean Braden?"

"Maybe."

"Damn, none of y'all can hold water!"

"Since there's nothing going on between you guys does it matter if he tells anyone?"

I thought of Alex for a second. "Well, no I guess not."

"Okay then."

"Well they're both hot and they both obviously like you," Chloe said. "I wouldn't be surprised if they wound up trying to out do each other and if you ended up dating one of them."

"If only it were that easy."