× Chapter Twelve ×

Abuela's POV
-"Mirabel?"
-"..I'm sorry. I didn't wanted this to happen. Everyone will hate me now. I just wanted to be something.. I'm not.." she sobbed. No longer silently crying. I sat down beside her. It's the river I lost Pedro.

-"I've never been able to come back here. This river.. is where we were given our miracle."
-"Where.. Abuelo Pedro.." she looked at me.
-"I felt, we would have a different life. I thought I would be a different woman.." that is when I started telling her my story. Story of my life. Story of losing my Pedro.

3rd Person POV (Dos Origuitas on background)
A young woman appears, to see something in front among crowd, she stands on a lamp-post holding it. She sees a young man in the same way she's standing. The young man looks at her and waves, with a smile. She waves back returning a smile, oopsies, phew I didn't fall down that would be embarrassing!

They started hanging out. Alma and Pedro. They had so much fun together. They slowly fell in love. To lead a happier life, in a shining afternoon, they got married.
Life was going happily, and something more, Alma was pregnant. Pedro was surprised, and to surprise him more Alma told him that it's not only one, they're going to have a triplet. Pedro was so surprised that he'd die from shock. He felt that he was the happiest person in the world, so did Alma. They dreamt of spending happy time with their childrens, cuddling closer to each other, smiling.
But something unexpected happened. One night, some cruel men came to their town with their horses, and brutally killed some people. They realized that they need to leave. Being heartbroken, they closed the door of the room they decorated for their children.
Everyone started leaving the town. Those horsemens set a fire on some of the houses. Alma couldn't understand what those cruel mens doing those for. Pedro assured her that they're going to be safe.
As they crossed the river, the horsemen came, roaring from behind. Pedro still stayed calm, he placed a kiss on three of his child's forehead and Alma's lips.
Pedro went to them, his hands up indicating to stop. Alma screamed, cried her heart out, but he didn't come back. He disappeared. (Damn I was in tears in this moment💧)

 (Damn I was in tears in this moment💧)

The miracle candle glowed brighter.

Mirabel felt like she's watching all those happen, tears rolled down her cheecks. She couldn't help it anymore.

Abuela Alma grew stronger from then. Stronger, stronger, stronger and became hard as a rock. She was kinda hard on her family too. But shiny inside because she has to protect the family. The shine became sort of dimmed when Mirabel's door faded. Mirabel could remember the door fading, memories were flashing on her eyes.

-"And, I am so sorry.. You never hurt your family Mirabel. We are broken, because of me.." Mirabel saw tears dropping from Abuela's eyes.
A yellow butterfly flew and sat on a leaf of a plant which was born in the river. "Abuela, I can finally see." She held her hand forward, for Abuela to hold it, facing her. Abuela held her hands. "You lost your home, lost everything, you suffered so much.. all alone, so it would never happen again." Tears started gathering in Mirabel's eyes again. "We were saved because of you. We were given a Miracle, because of you. We were a family because of you. And nothing can ever be broken, that we can fix, together." she smiled.
-"I asked my Pedro for help, Mirabel! He saved me for you!" Abuela whispered, smiling. And pulled Mirabel into a hug. The afternoon went brighter, sunlight went brighter, hundreds of butterflies flying on the light. That was a very heartwarming emotional hug. They watched the butterflies of the afternoon.
-"She didn't do this! She didn't do this! I gave her.. permission!!" Bruno came running from a bush with a horse, losing control on it.

Camilo's POV
-"Cami you look so exhausted, here.. Water." Dolores said, giving me a glass of water. Well I am exhausted. I was about to drink it but I choked hearing Luisa say, "Over there! That's Mirabel!!"

Author's Note
Finallyyy chapter end! I am okay now, no longer sick, thank you for waiting! I'm sorry you had to keep waiting, a long time? Well no more I'm updating from today so no worries! Also..

Never go to that site named NovelHD! It stole my work and contains virus! I private messaged Wattpad and said that they stole my work from Wattpad, they replied it's a mirror/lens site and contains malware that can harm you device! If you ever wen...

Never go to that site named NovelHD! It stole my work and contains virus! I private messaged Wattpad and said that they stole my work from Wattpad, they replied it's a mirror/lens site and contains malware that can harm you device! If you ever went to that webpage, you should scan your device to secure it from threats. So to make you all aware of this, I let you guys know. Thanks to a reader and friend of my Wattpad story for informing and helping me about this site, I'm greatful for the help. Thank you Minna-san for reading and press the star y'all. Have a good day!💜🥀